Discussion topic: Broadband totally slow

This message was authored by SR2024 This message was authored by: SR2024

Broadband totally slow

My broad band performance has been utterly poor over the last 6 months, unable to carry out any work from home.

There appears no online support except for the automatic agent which is very frustrating to deal with.

I am planning to quit Sky.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Broadband totally slow

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SR2024 Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
SR2024
Topic Author

SkyStats.JPGTeams1.JPG

Teams1.JPGTeams4.JPGTeams3.JPGTeams2.JPG

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached Sky Stats as per the instructions.

I have also attached stats from MS Teams that I use for office work. I hope this provides further information.

The internet is very slow. I can hardly use video on Teams which is very difficult to work. I am forced to close other applications while working on one requiring internet. This is becoming very difficult to cope with.

Any suggestions will be useful.

Thanks

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@SR2024 Your stat's are good, but you look to have one of the oldest routers circa 10 years ago, also on a adsl line, lowest speed possible, and surprised that you even get teams to work.

Can you confirm your router, and what speed package.

Setting up your Sky hub | Sky Help | Sky.com

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@SR2024  Can see that you are on standard ADSL with a download speed of 13 mb/s and 1.2mb/s upload. Is this that what is available to you in your area?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@SR2024 

You do have a fault but as adsl2+ sky essentials has no guarantee sky are unlikely to do anything about it

If you want to enter your full postal address below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image we will see what speed you should be getting and any other speeds available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@SR2024 

Trying to work from home over an ADSL line is just plain silly IMO. Nothing relatively modern can run effectively over such a slow connection, especially Teams.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SR2024 wrote:

I can hardly use video on Teams which is very difficult to work. I am forced to close other applications while working on one requiring internet. This is becoming very difficult to cope with.

Any suggestions will be useful.

The best possible ADSL outbound speed is below the minimum which Microsoft advises for HD video in Teams: that's inherent to ADSL technology, which is now essentially obsolete. 

Reducing Teams video quality to its lowest possible level should get you a little more leeway, but may be unacceptable within your business.

You may also gain some advantage from connecting to the Hub over ethernet rather than Wifi, but moving to a modern form of broadband if at all possible should be your priority.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
SR2024
Topic Author

Thank you!

Changed my service provider.

Regards

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion