Discussion topic: Broadband slow

This message was authored by Sarah123451 This message was authored by: Sarah123451

Broadband slow

I have recently switched to Sky and had it for about a month. We have continuous issues with the Wi-Fi being slow, my emails for example won't download and the Wi-Fi regularly drops due to the voice icon being orange. Any advice would be most helpful as I previously had sky and it was great - the current issues I have are making me want to switch again!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Broadband slow

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sarah123451   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Sarah123451
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sarah123451 This message was authored by: Sarah123451

IMG_6248.jpeg

 no worries - stats above!

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Have you  asked sky for a boaster 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Sarah123451 

Could you click on maintenance along the top of the screen and sign in with

Username        admin

Password         sky or wifi password on the back of the hub

Once on the maintenance page click show statistics at the bottom and post the table

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Sarah123451
Topic Author

IMG_6250.jpeg

 thank you - stats are above

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Sarah123451 

Nothing on your router stats would suggest an issue however if your voice light is going orange then this suggests a problem somewhere down the line. Have you contacted Sky and told them about the voice light?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Sarah123451
Topic Author

Ok thank you, I've tried to call them but I keep getting directed to the community group or to their online help! Does anyone have a number?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Sarah123451 

I've escalated your post to Sky so you can chat with them. Look out for a message on the forum

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Sarah123451 an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update--We are  closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Sarah123451
Topic Author

Hi, I had a message re a chat which I replied to but haven't seen a response? 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Sarah123451 

Your previous chat was closed due to no response within 48 hours.

Your post has been escalated again to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion