Discussion topic: Broadband not working

This message was authored by Robbi This message was authored by: Robbi

Broadband not working

Got a new Sky Broadband Hub sent. Activation date was yesterday (Friday 15th March) and still nothing is working. Below is what the sky hub is showing and the socket we have.

What am I doing wrong?

IMG_1489.jpeg

IMG_1490.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Broadband not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbi 

Your mastersocket only has a telephone port with a cable for the telephone. It should have a microfilter/broadband splitter with 2 ports one for broadband and one for the landline. 

Are you new to sky? Has that setup worked previously?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Robbi 

"Activation date was yesterday (Friday 15th March"

Also note the the telephone itself plugs directly into the sky hub

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

You have not and unless you  have a splitter  to plug  in there first one side for  the Internet  cable  to the router and the other side  for the telephone, you only  have  the  telephone  line plugged  in at the  moment that's  why you have no Internet 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

There should  be  a splitter  on the box the router  come in. it's  white and plugs in the socket  first 

Robbi
Topic Author

There is no splitter / sub filter sent with the sky box. First time using this set up as we have only just moved in. Can I purchase a splitter and expect it to work? 

@Robbi 

Heres one from b&q

https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-2-way-adsl-splitter/5028422001776_BQ.prd

But try argos, currys, pc world etc

@Robbi 

By the way did you get the dsl cable which has purple identical plugs at both ends

Robbi
Topic Author

I got one grey cable, one black cable, each with one purple end .

@Robbi 

You would need a dsl rj11 to rj11 cable with identical purple plugs at each end 

Heres one from argos but try the usual electric stores

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4039871

Robbi
Topic Author

And If i get the modem wire which part do I plug in where? 

@Robbi 

Once a microfilter is installed it will give you a broadband port and telephone port . One end is plugged into the broadband port on the microfilter the other end will plug into the purple dsl port on the sky hub

Robbi
Topic Author

Is that not what the black/ grey cable is for ? 

@Robbi 

@Robbi wrote:

Is that not what the black/ grey cable is for ? 

I thought you said you had 2 cables each with 1 purple plug . If you have a cable with a purple plug at each end then that is the dsl rj11 to rj11 cable and you just need the microfilter as show above in the b&q link

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Robbi Here is the online manual, select when you get to the point, no i dont have internet calls. will show you the description, and you may have the dsl filter in the box, depends if sky included or not, some have and some dont.

Set up your Sky hub | Sky Help | Sky.com

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion