Discussion topic: Broadband keeps dropping out.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Romeo+W 

Neither org will be interested as you have not given Sky reasonable chance to solve the issue. If the replacement router hasnt solved the issue you'll need to contact them again and report back. This should trigger an engineer visit. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Romeo+W
Topic Author
This message was authored by Romeo+W This message was authored by: Romeo+W

I've had a new router, new ethernet cable and removed all 3rd party equipment. (Asus router in access point mode) and I'm still having the same issue. Each time I contact them they go through the same procedure. Only another year until I can take my business elsewhere. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Romeo+W wrote:

Only another year until I can take my business elsewhere. 

Typically after repeated fault reports an ISP will be happy to offer a subscriber early exit without penalty: it's costing more for the ISP to handle the calls than their (thin) profit margin allows for.

Unfortunately for the customer, moving to another ISP on the Openreach network just transfers the problem to a new provider.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Romeo+W @jamesn123 @TimmyBGood Unfortunate, the OP has multiple posts so getting very hard to keep track now, has the voip orange light lockout issue, think his other post is broadband woes, but it is certainly looking like the release will be shortly. Jim

Romeo+W
Topic Author

Quick question @JimM1 , what does the "release will be shortly' mean? Is this a firmware release?

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@Romeo+W Sky will release you from the contract with no penalty, that is what it means dont want the hassle of dealing with it. But hopefully it doesn't come to that. Jim

Romeo+W
Topic Author

Thank you for clarifying. The problem is that if it is an openreach issue I'll still have it elsewhere, like you said in an earlier post. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion