Discussion topic: Broadband down since Wednesday, can I email?

This message was authored by scooby56 This message was authored by: scooby56

Broadband down since Wednesday, can I email?

My sky BB has not worked since last Wednesday, so day 4 now.

I can't watch Netflix, I'm having to use my data where I would join my WiFi at home, had to top it up from my piggybank already, plus my Sky Protect doorbell (that I'm paying for monthly) isn't working either.

I've tried ringing and they just say it'll be sorted within 48 hours, we're working on it, we'll text you when it's fixed!

Is there any way of emailing Sky to get it in writing, does anyone know? The virtual assistant isn't any help, neither are they on the phone! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Broadband down since Wednesday, can I email?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@scooby56 

The Openreach (presuming your in the UK) target fix time is 2 working days but there is no guarantees. Sky don't use email for general communication. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@scooby56 

The Openreach (presuming your in the UK) target fix time is 2 working days but there is no guarantees. Sky don't use email for general communication. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
scooby56
Topic Author
This message was authored by scooby56 This message was authored by: scooby56

@Daniel0210 Thank you for your reply. Yes, I'm in the UK

They'll have to compensate me then, 4 days now. 

Just frustrating, I'm sure there must be others in my area

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@scooby56 you dont get compensated for non-working days which include weekends. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion