Discussion topic: Broadband blocking websites

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband blocking websites

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WharpBlast any device using the Sky hub to connect will share the same public IP address but your phone will use a different public IP address when on 4G. Service providers sometimes blacklist IP,addresses due to abuse by a previous users. It used to be possible to change Sky hub's IP addresses by powering down a hub for a few minutes but that no longer seems to work reliably unfortunately. 

I would check with the operator of the site you are uploading to as to why there is an inconsistency. Its not a Sky configuration issue as such as far as I know.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by WharpBlast This message was authored by: WharpBlast

Thanks for your time guys. Today I found this (and another) problem suddenly gone away for no apparent reason. Had these at least since 24/03. So much wasted time.

This message was authored by Jmck71 This message was authored by: Jmck71

• This also happening to me for past 4 weeks 
  • I hsve spent 90 minutes on phone today cup sky with no fix 
  • anyone help?
This message was authored by DA9090 This message was authored by: DA9090

I turned off my router, erased all cookies on every device that was connected, then turned the router on and gave it a full reset. That seemed to be the trick.

I also had the Sky technical team looking into the issue at the same time after I said I'd cancel my service if it wasn't fixed so it was potentially them that fixed the issue and my actions seeming to fix was incidental. 

@Jmck71 what sites are you having issues with so another Sky customer can see if they can replicate tge issue?

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by WharpBlast This message was authored by: WharpBlast

I have not had this problem recently. It just went away. However, a few weeks later I started getting problems with various Apps. They would say something like, security server unavailable. On advice from Kaspersky support, I uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security, replaced with Kaspersky Plus. et voila suddenly everything working again. Disabling Kaspersky had no effect, had to be uninstalled. There's a chance Kaspersky was the cause of the earlier problems. Hard to prove.

This message was authored by Jmck71 This message was authored by: Jmck71

NHS Futures platform 

@Jmck71 nomissue for access to https://future.nhs.uk/system/login on my Sky connection do you have a different link to use?

This message was authored by Steppers8248 This message was authored by: Steppers8248

Yes that worked for me ! Thank you.

This message was authored by cybercomputers This message was authored by: cybercomputers

I am having random issues with websites too. I have sky broadband in my business, shield is all OFF.

Cant access my own website on the sky network today, also yahoo mail doesnt load for me, never has so have to use 4g. 

No one at sky can figure out why. Router all reset, no firewalls blocking it. 

Think I will move from sky soon as my contract is up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion