Discussion topic: Broadband WiFi signal does not reach the whole of my house

This message was authored by Mikesha90 This message was authored by: Mikesha90

Broadband WiFi signal does not reach the whole of my house

Hi my WiFi signal doesn't reach the back of my house , having poor connection / no connection at all in some rooms further away form the router , does sky offer a free booster or advice on how to rectify this ? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Broadband WiFi signal does not reach the whole of my house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mikesha90 Sky have a Wall to wall Wifi guarantee  but it is of limited use and they will try to sell you an upgade either to their Broadband Boost bundle at £5 a month which will get you a booster if you can't get 3Mb/s in every room. They also offer a new package called Wifi Max which has a speed guarantee of 10Mb/s in every room which increases ro 25Mb/s if you have the two fastest full fibre. Services. The max system gets you a new hub and up to 3 extenders if a Sky engineer agrees you need them. 

Hiwever what many people do is to buy a third party wifi system and either replacectge Sky hub totally or turn off the hub's wifi and use their system as Access points. You will find most isps have similar deals as guaranteeing Wifi speeds which depend on factors like size and type of construction of the customers home and tge amount of interference from neighbours is a dodgy business.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Mikesha90Did you just recently join Sky and finding that you  don't have enough coverage for Wi-Fi?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Mikesha90
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mikesha90 This message was authored by: Mikesha90

Sorry should have mentioned that I've had sky for 6 years and had this router for around 6/8 months without issue, my son has moved into one of the further back rooms of the house and as it was unoccupied before didn't realise it didn't have WiFi signal as we rarely went in there 🙂

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Mikesha90 Sky have a Wall to wall Wifi guarantee  but it is of limited use and they will try to sell you an upgade either to their Broadband Boost bundle at £5 a month which will get you a booster if you can't get 3Mb/s in every room. They also offer a new package called Wifi Max which has a speed guarantee of 10Mb/s in every room which increases ro 25Mb/s if you have the two fastest full fibre. Services. The max system gets you a new hub and up to 3 extenders if a Sky engineer agrees you need them. 

Hiwever what many people do is to buy a third party wifi system and either replacectge Sky hub totally or turn off the hub's wifi and use their system as Access points. You will find most isps have similar deals as guaranteeing Wifi speeds which depend on factors like size and type of construction of the customers home and tge amount of interference from neighbours is a dodgy business.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Samholli69 This message was authored by: Samholli69

I'm a new customer and the internet works but not in every room. I have a Sky Max Hub.Do I need a booster or extender? And how do I get these please @ highlinder

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion