Discussion topic: Book an engineer / contact a Sky rep online (no phone access)

This message was authored by catminders This message was authored by: catminders

Book an engineer / contact a Sky rep online (no phone access)

Complex case here! Just moved home last week and decided to get Sky Broadband & Sky Talk. Made usual online arrangements & planned installation date was 18 March.  However a few days before I had to travel to USA due to a family emergency. A relative agreed to 'house sit' for when the engineer arrived (and Ive given Sky authority for them to speak on my behalf). However we've since been advised that no engineer would show up and the system was simply "activated remotely".  This dosent help however as the ONT present at the house is not a standard design (no LED lights) and there is no power cable for it.  To complicate matters, the property is quite remote and we cant get a reliable phone signal to stay on for long enough to speak to Sky direct.  Is there any way to book an engineer online to come and provide a suitable ONT and get us set up?  Alternatively is there any way to speak to a Sky rep on here?  (The chat bot is useless as it just keeps sending guide links which arent relevant to my specific issue!)  ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Book an engineer / contact a Sky rep online (no phone access)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You could use Skys social media sites to contact them links to which can be found at the bottom of this page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
catminders
Topic Author
This message was authored by catminders This message was authored by: catminders

Thanks will try if can get a signal.

Are there any MODERATORS on here who could reach out to me please??  I'm desperate to get this resolved but can't use the traditional phone methods as explained. Can someone help please?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@catminders wrote:

the ONT present at the house is not a standard design (no LED lights) and there is no power cable for it. 

Openreach has had various models of ONT over the years: a photograph would be helpful.  Unfortunately it's fairly common for previous occupants to remove transformers.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@catminders 

Its worth noting that when an ONT/power supply is missing this will need to replaced by an Openreach engineer. However Sky will not book this engineer until AFTER the activation date so there is no point in trying to get in contact with Sky before then. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion