Discussion topic: Best complaint route

This message was authored by craighardcastle This message was authored by: craighardcastle

Best complaint route

I had sky broadband, giga fast installed in July  last year.

The maximum speed that I have seen is 400mbps when connected via laptop using an ethernet cable.

3 open reach engineers have come out at various times.   They have changed the ONT box but they are adamant the install is working well. Light readings all good.

They suggested ( as did someone on the forum that this was a t Ty though put issue)

Sky sent me a new router which made no difference.

i have spoken to Sky numerous times including today.  They had asked me to call them to provide additional information but when I rang they didn't know what that request was for.

They escalated this to the technical team.... who have now texted me to say the issue is resolved.  It's not, the slow speed still persists.

Who can I speak to to resolve this or cancel my broadband as this is getting really really frustrating now.

Thanks in advance 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Best complaint route

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@craighardcastle you can formally complain using these links How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

If Sky cannot satisfy you or 8 weeks pass you can take your complaint to an independent arbitrator. However generally Sky will offer to release you from contract BUT switching to another isp using the same line may well not do any better. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
craighardcastle
Topic Author
This message was authored by craighardcastle This message was authored by: craighardcastle

Thanks 

I think the issue is Sky throughput as 2 neighbours with other providers both get the speed they have purchased (900 and 600 mbps respectively)

I'll escalate the complaint as I've spent hours on this and it does feel like my query is just getting shut down with no work being done.

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@craighardcastle wrote:

Thanks 

I think the issue is Sky throughput as 2 neighbours with other providers both get the speed they have purchased (900 and 600 mbps respectively)

I'll escalate the complaint as I've spent hours on this and it does feel like my query is just getting shut down with no work being done.

If they do release you from your contract then besides as pointed out above re. still having the same issue, DO NOT insist on cancelling it as you could be without any broadband at all for a period. You need to switch to another supplier if using the same infrastructure. Obviously, companies like Virgin use their own cables so won't be affected.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
Sky Ultrafast1 FTTP 150Mbps
Sky SR203 router
Samsung S95C 55"
craighardcastle
Topic Author

Thanks.

i don't really want to move and will be sure not to cancel if I end up changing providers.

The last 2 open reach engineers have been adamant that the issue is with Sky and not the line/kit.  The last engineer had only just got the neighbours fibre and said they were getting 500mbs speeds off a 500mbs connection.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion