Discussion topic: Bad service

This message was authored by 1647399q77r9392 This message was authored by: 1647399q77r9392

Bad service

So i've upgraded to fibre for a better quality, i have 8 devices connected to the Internet, they're not connected all in the same time, im also paying a lot more. Its embarrassing and im thinking to swich with someone else. Please come over and take ur damn fibre back!!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Bad service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@1647399q77r9392 Sky cannot link your account to a post in this forum so no action will be taken.

If you are within the cooling off period of 14 days you can potentially cancel with no cost but after that you will be held to your contract unless Sky release you which they will do if they cannot deliver the speed guaranteed for your line. Speeds are to the hub not the  device.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Ian2472 This message was authored by: Ian2472

Ive been with SKY for 13 years and I can safely say the service as a whole is crap... The TV reception is at best ok, The broadband used to 20mps its now 14.9 and thats taken place in the last 18 months. When you call you have 40-45 min wait your then palmed off to someone else whom they dont update and you have to explain the issue all over again. Sky is not bothered yet you still have to pay the bill for a substandard service!!!

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Ian2472 wrote:

yet you still have to pay the bill for a substandard service!!!

No you don't there are other broadband & TV platforms available through various different providers, the choice is yours but ypou need to do the research to find out what is available

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

I have reserched in depth... the others say the same or similar as sky £29.99 a month for 25-33MPS then the small print however we gaurentee a minimum of 12mps lol... its the 21st Century and these companies are talking the collective **bleep** and blaming the atmosphere, covid or the weather 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ian2472 wrote:

The broadband used to 20mps its now 14.9 and thats taken place in the last 18 months.

Those speeds suggest either ADSL or FTTC severely reduced by line distance to the fibre cabinet.

If you post your Hub stats, we'll have some information about your particular phone line and internet connection to work with.

Note that it's speed arriving at the Hub which counts against the minimum speed guarantee, not speed test website results on a wireless device.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@Ian2472  You realise that companies can only provide speeds on the available infretructure which is owned by Openreach, no ISP can upgrade this network that is down tp Openreach. 

Out of interest have you checked what speeds are available at your exchange https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Unless an Altnet is in the area you may be reliaet on Openreach getting round to upgrading the network in your area.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

To the sky hub is 14.9, 4 weeks ago 13.9, 8 months ago 20

sky3.png

@Ian2472  Can you also post your router stats?   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ian2472 

An Openreach estimate of between 33Mbs and 18Mbs indicates you are a fair way from the cabinet and so there's a significant possibility for external factors to additionally impact speed delivered to the router.

FTTC-speed-distance-graph (2).png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion