Discussion topic: £50 activation fee. Even though I cancelled within 14 days.

Marion11
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marion11 This message was authored by: Marion11

Re: £50 activation fee. Even though I cancelled within 14 days.

I can't believe it. I've just had another email from Sky. They have said they are adding £454 to my bill for early leaving charge again. This is sent from an annoymous account from the 'The Sky Team'. With a note saying don't reply to this email as it's not monitered. I've already spoke to two Sky operators who have told me and assured me that my subscription was cancelled well within the 31 day cooling off period and indeed cancelled within the 14 day statutory cooling off period and also cancelled before the agreed activation date. Therefore no cancellation fees are nessecary. They continue to send bills for this when I speak to them they cancel the bill.....wait a few days or in this case a couple of weeks then add it back on again. How do they get away with this?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marion11 follow up on the complaint you lodged your scount dhould be flagged so if you phone you should get put through to the relevant team.  The email will probably have been generated by a bot rather than a human but needs squashing pdq but with large companues the left hand often has issues communicating with the right hand..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Marion11
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marion11 This message was authored by: Marion11

This is awful. I've now moved to Virgin and they are now making it as hard as possible to deal with. Take ages to reply online, just say they are busy dealing with multiple customers. Now they don't want to engage and will look into it  later and send me a message 'in few days'. The bill they are emailing me is also due in a matter of days.

Recap:

I have an email from Sky acknowledging the upgrade request on the 19 Jan. An email from Sky confirming the activation date of 2 Feb. And a transcript with Arpit cancelling the upgrade 30 Jan - within the 14 days stautory 'cooling off' period.  As the package wasnt what I signed upto. So cancelled within 11 days, 2 days before the agreed activation date.

I've spoken to three kind operators who have told me no fees are due, they'll put notes on my account to ensure this doesn't happen again etc etc. But then they just keep sending me bills for £454. Here's a copy of the transcipt I got from a kind man called Robert when I contacted Sky to complain about this.

"Hi Marion, Thanks for explaining. I can understand your concern about receiving an email like this, especially with such a high early termination charge. I will 100% be able to ensure you're not charged an early termination charge." and

"I've found the email and I'm going to provide feedback as to why it's been sent so we can ensure this doesn't happen again. There's no reason for there to be any early termination charges here so I've exempted you from them and you definitely won't be charged them. I've updated the account with full notes under complaint reference number"

They now just ignore Roberts notes on my account and send bills out. What a nightmare. Avoid SKY at all costs. Fuming now so I best go for now.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@JimM1 Good you've had the vent, nice cup of tea, and sky as you say automated computer systems....

Thanks for keeping us posted. Jim

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion