Discussion topic: 3rd party router with sky Fibre ont box Ireland

This message was authored by yogi1 This message was authored by: yogi1

Re: 3rd party router with sky Fibre ont box Ireland

@ mae-3  @Boody 

Thanks for your input 🙂 I'm sure @ Boody will reply when he digests the posts a bit more

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@yogi1 & @Boody 

For an Xbox to build an IPv6 tunnel over IPv4 uPnP must be enabled on the Sky router, and that is about it.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Boody This message was authored by: Boody

Thanks for the info, I guess I just wait

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Boody 

Why do you have to wait, Xbox on an IPv4 stack works 100% without issue.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Keitho2 This message was authored by: Keitho2

I have a UDM-Pro and tried the vlan 10 and PPPoE settings receommened in this thread and things didn't work.

I've seen ISP's lock MAC addresses of CPE previously so I copied the address and spoofed the MAC in the UDM-Pro settings and it stated worked. 

If your router supports it then it seems this might be worth trying.

This message was authored by FionnAnseo This message was authored by: FionnAnseo

Hey Folks,

I moved to Sky Fibre Ireland from Eir (and VF before them and Pure before them) always using my own TP Link archer AX6600 modem. Ive always got my advertised speeds of 500/50 but since I moved to sky my download is totally fine but the upload speed is gone to the DOGS running at an average of 6mbps.

Just wanted to reconfirm my settings here to see if thats an issue:

Internet connection Type: PPPoe

Username: anything@skydsl
password anything
MTU: 1480
Enable NAT is on

Then for vlan

IPTV/Vlan is on
Mode Custom
Internet VLAN Ticked at 802.11 Tag for Internet
InternetVlan ID: 10

IPTV one is ticked and set to 4 but I dont have iptv from them so maybe I should tunr that off?

Anything im missing here?

ipv6 is off

Anyone else experience awful drop off in upload speeds?

This message was authored by yogi1 This message was authored by: yogi1

Hi @ FionnAnseo

I'm not familiar with the TP Link archer AX6600 modem settings. The differences I can see in your settings are that the MTU and MRU normally should be set the same, in my case 1492, some routers will accept 1500.

Under the LAN settings, my VLAN ID is set to 10 and the VLAN is set up on 'Internet' selection not any other port. I had an issue first when I set up my VLAN orignally on the wrong port under the IPTV tab and couldn't connect properly.

Hope that helps 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion