Discussion topic: Selling out of contract phones, currently on Sky Simm only,how do I get them unlocked from Sky

This message was authored by thefocusman This message was authored by: thefocusman

Selling out of contract phones, currently on Sky Simm only,how do I get them unlocked from Sky

Years ago I moved from vodafone to sky simm only so my phones are locked to Sky now, 

I am about to get new phones so how do I get my current ones unlocked so 

I can pass them on

RM

Best Answers
thefocusman
Topic Author
This message was authored by thefocusman This message was authored by: thefocusman Answer

Re: Selling out of contract phones, currently on Sky Simm only,how do I get them unlocked from Sky

Just been in contact with Sky and was told they do not lock phones to service providers, so if phones were unlocked by my previous provider (Vodafon)  to accept Sky Simm then when I remove the Sky Simm the phone is still unlocked

RM

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Selling out of contract phones, currently on Sky Simm only,how do I get them unlocked from Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @thefocusman  all sky phones are supplied unlocked so should work with any network sim. If they are locked then it may be they are locked to Vodafone. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You could try resetting the network connections but if that hasn't worked you would need t approach Vodafone about getting it unlocked as the phone was from them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
thefocusman
Topic Author
This message was authored by thefocusman This message was authored by: thefocusman Answer

Just been in contact with Sky and was told they do not lock phones to service providers, so if phones were unlocked by my previous provider (Vodafon)  to accept Sky Simm then when I remove the Sky Simm the phone is still unlocked

RM

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What they are saying is correct but sometimes phones can "sim lock" which is why I suggested resetting the network settings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion