Discussion topic: contracts

This message was authored by raymond18 This message was authored by: raymond18

contracts

how to cancel sky q and broardband when end dates are different, but payment for both come out at the same time.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: contracts

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@raymond18 
To cancel all your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. The latest T’s and C’s explicitly state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they agree you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one ie; UK or ROI).
UK customer ~ The link may include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).
ROI customer ~ it’s only by calling Sky Ireland or writing in.

Return packaging will be sent out near the end of your notice period. Obtain proof of posting and keep it safe and indefinitely.

▪️

To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like Virgin Media or City Fibre etc who don’t use the Openreach set up, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

If you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.

Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period. Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@raymond18 wrote:

how to cancel sky q and broardband when end dates are different, but payment for both come out at the same time.

You can cancel each individually.  The bill will update accordingly.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You cancel them by contacting Sky support however if you are in the minimum term of a contract in either of them then you might not be able to cancel but Sky will let you know if this is the case.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
raymond18
Topic Author

my broadband end date is 2 weeks after sky q but my payments come out on the same day for both so can i give 31 days notice for both. 

raymond18
Topic Author

@caesarome i am looking switching to a different isp and want to do both.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You need to give 14 days notice for the broadband and 31 days for the TV.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@raymond18 
To cancel all your TV subscription, if you’re out of contract you’ll need to give Sky the required 31 days notice. The latest T’s and C’s explicitly state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they agree you’ll have to pay the remainder of your discounted term.

Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one ie; UK or ROI).
UK customer ~ The link may include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).
ROI customer ~ it’s only by calling Sky Ireland or writing in.

Return packaging will be sent out near the end of your notice period. Obtain proof of posting and keep it safe and indefinitely.

▪️

To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like Virgin Media or City Fibre etc who don’t use the Openreach set up, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

If you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.

Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period. Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

Sky customer since 2001
raymond18
Topic Author

so that means i will need to ring twice, so my tv ends on the 4th and broadband 15th, so if i will be without tv for two weeks it don't make sense.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@raymond18 wrote:

so that means i will need to ring twice, so my tv ends on the 4th and broadband 15th, so if i will be without tv for two weeks it don't make sense.

You would only be without TV if you cancel in full your discounted period ending does not end your TV service, you simply move to the full listed price., if you wish to continue with a TV service you either need to negotiate a new deal or look for a new provider.   You need to give 31 days notice for TV.

For broadband it's 14 days notice and you either negotiate a new deal again or go to another provider.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

raymond18
Topic Author

thank you for reply i am aware of 31 day notice, my contract ends 4th of May for sky q and 15th of May for broadband, i am going to ring 3rd of April the payment for both comes out on the 4th.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@raymond18 wrote:

so that means i will need to ring twice,

@raymond18 

Possibly but calls to Sky are free from your Sky Talk landline that is part of your Broadband package. Also as per the above post…

UK customer ~ The link may include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).

Sky customer since 2001
raymond18
Topic Author

i want to cancel in full so i think i should order from new isp to start 4th of May for both, and cancel sky q in April then ring second time to cancel broadband.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@raymond18  If your switching to another broadband provider on the same network (Openreach) you don't need to call to cancel your broadband as the new provider does that by taking over the broadband service.

Note this wont apply to a service on an Altnet such as Viginmedia, City Fibre etc you would still need to cancel with Sky in this case.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

raymond18
Topic Author

I think the problem is fttc to fttp I would still have to give notice 

This message was authored by ShaXAttaX This message was authored by: ShaXAttaX

Talk Contract Information

Sky Pay As You Talk

Description of services

Sky Pay As You Talk

Calls fall within the following time bands:

☆Daytime – Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm☆

☆Evening – Monday to Friday, after 7pm and before 7am☆

☆Weekend – All day Saturday and Sunday☆

☆☆☆☆ Where your talk pack includes call during these times you will be able to make calls to inclusive UK landline and

mobile numbers at no additional charge. Inclusive calls last up to an hour and then will be chargeable. ☆☆☆☆

You can hang up and redial as often as you like.

☆☆☆☆ Calls outside your allowances may be chargeable, for a full list of tariffs see www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-talk-tariff-guide☆

Now see within stars ☆☆☆☆ what that say £0.00 NO CHARGE 7AM -7AM MONDAY TO SUNDAY 

OVER ONE HR CALS CHARGE STARTS ...THATS RIGHT 

NOW SAY WHAT 

COME ON SKY GET YOUR **bleep** TOGETHER 

YOU WROTE IT 

YOU AGREED 

PRE CONTRACT AGREEMENT 

YOU AGREE .. YES

OK SIGN CONTRACT 

DONE 

CAN'T THEN SAY

OH SORRY DIDN'T MEAN THAT

MOST security alarms use your phone line. If you have one of these it is your responsibility to ensure it is

compatible.

Our internet-based calls products use your Broadband connection, so you'll need to plug your phone into your Sky

Hub to make calls. Any extension sockets in your home won't work. We need to let you know that if your broadband

or power supply fails you won't be able to make any calls, including to the emergency services. Any alarms

connected to your phone line or broadband service, like care or security

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion