Discussion topic: Price hike April 2024

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Massive account price increase in May

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RLG59RD 

You are talking other customers only on here as this is a community where we help each other.

It is to early to talk to Sky about a discount as the best time is 31 days before the price increase kicks in, there is also a price rise coming on 1st April across all packages which should be shown on your bills.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@RLG59RD 

You need to contact Sky much nearer the date your discounts end in order to negotiate new discounts or arrange to cancel any aspects of your current deal you no longer want. The latest T's and C's specifically state you can't cancel unless Sky agree so what you've been told suggests that is Skys stance at the moment. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Richard113 This message was authored by: Richard113

Big increase for April

How can my broadband and phone line only go up from £27 to £30.50, when apparently sky are increasing by 6.9%?
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Big increase for April

Most likely because you have a discounted deal. 

This message was authored by Richard113 This message was authored by: Richard113

Thanks, but no, only signed up last week for £27, I know prices go up on 1st April but a £3.50 increase is like a 15% odd rise!

If you signed up last week, you have a discounted deal. The price increase is applied to the undiscounted price.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

The 6.9% figure is an average figure. Each individual's bill will go up by difference percentages based on what packages you take from Sky and what existing discounts you may already have.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Annoyed70 This message was authored by: Annoyed70

Future Price Increase 2024

I currently pay£34.50 for Sky superfast with inclusive calls .

what will I be paying after priceincrease

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Future Price Increase 2024

@Annoyed70 

Emails or letters will be sent to all customers in the coming weeks outlining their individual price rises. No one here will know what you'll be paying as we won't know what discounts you've negotiated. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Future Price Increase 2024

@Annoyed70 you will get at least 30days notice of the increase during which period you can shop around for a better deal and switch without penalty. Given the increaee is in April notifications probably wont start being sent out for a couple of weeks.

I found this page which sets out the position https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/guides/mid-contract-price-rises/

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by BIGd1074 This message was authored by: BIGd1074

Hi I have done this every 18 months for years and years just say u are gonna end your contract and leave and if your contracts ended just go to cancel stage and sometimes now and then u have to go all the way through to cancelling but I assure u thay will get back to u with a new offer and don't except it say unless u can keep everything u had for half the price u are leaveing and I assure u thay will give u a new contract in the end than loose u even if u do get to cancel stage don't worry thay will b in touch with u before the cut off date trust me and that's how u get it half price 

@BIGd1074 

That is in no way a guaranteed method of getting a better discount. Sky will soon fathom out what's happening every 18 months.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@BIGd1074 wrote:

trust me and that's how u get it half price 

Sadly I think those days are coming to an end... YMMV

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by james987654 This message was authored by: james987654

April '24 Price Increases Broadband & Phone

I've just noticed that my Sky bill in April for Superfast Broadband and Phone will go up from £35.75 per month to £43.00.  This is an increase of 20% for a contract that I will only be 6 months into.   All of my existing discounts remain in place (otherwise it would be a staggering £59.50/month...!).

How can this be justified?  I am I entitiled to leave my contract?  I dont think I have been formally notified of this change yet, unless I've missed it, I just happened to notice it in passing.

I also have Sky Q and have been a continual Sky customer for almot 20 years.

Re: April '24 Price Increases Broadband & Phone

You'll be formally notified by Sky in the next month or so, and you'll then have the option of leaving Sky broadband (but not Sky tv) without penalty.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion