Discussion topic: Parents charged £115 for basic package, 3 times current cost

This message was authored by doc-ab This message was authored by: doc-ab

Re: Parents charged £115 for basic package, 3 times current cost

Sorry just seen you put some more info up that I had missed as I started posting

This message was authored by doc-ab This message was authored by: doc-ab

They can definitely get a cheaper broadband deal they don't have to use sky BB if they won't give them a good deal. They could also downgrade their Netflix. They are on an awful deal. Sadly I think the best you can achieve is a cheaper deal going forward. 

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

£115 is an extortionate amount for the package they have. Ignore the full prices as they shouldn't pay anywhere near that. Signature (basic package) can be had for £21, sometimes less, as an example. I would expect someone paying the amount they are to also have Sports & Cinema. If they're out of a discounted deal and the price has just been going up and up it will get to this amount though. If they just watch fta channels then look into getting them a freesat box or if they have an aerial freeview. If they don't mind not recording they may be able to just watch through a receiver on their TV. And Sky trying to sell more when you phone is annoying, you can always put cancellation in for the TV side of things, it won't switch off for 31  days and better deals may be offered if they do want to stay with Sky. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mikalourus wrote:

£39.50 for broadband, £34 sky signature, £7 ultimate tv, £19 sky cinema £9 sky HD. It's totalling £108, not sure why the agent said £115, maybe they're due a price hike again. 

The price after April 1st might well be £115 as that's when the annual rise* hits.  There's your answer though: the bill is for the list price paid when outside a discounted minimum term.

*6.5% in this case, which is almost exactly what Sky claimed in their press release.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion