Discussion topic: I would like to cancel my sky contract

This message was authored by Kufa3334 This message was authored by: Kufa3334

I would like to cancel my sky contract

I would like to cancel my contract

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: I would like to cancel my sky contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kufa3334 Your not talking directly with Sky, this is a customer helps customer forum only with no account access,you can’t cancel/downgrade online I’m afraid

if you wish to cancel/downgrade choose an option on the link below (which includes a message service - not available in ROI) (just click on yes I need more help)

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#M1014

Note that if your within a minimum term (most Sky contracts have a minimum term of 18 months) for the service you wish to cancel you may not be able to

Also note you have to give the required relevant notice to cancel which is 31 days for tv and 14 days for broadband

Additional information on Broadband: If you are changing to Virgin or cancelling broadband totally you'll have to contact Sky This link should help

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband#M1014

If you are changing to another ISP who uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf

If in ROI make sure the flag in bottom right hand corner is set to ROI and refresh the page before selecting an option

for reference cancellations are only confirmed once you have written email confirmation, also remember that if you are cancelling sky q or stream (where stream was ordered on or after 23/02/23) completely all equipment will need returning so make sure when sending back you obtain and keep very safe and indefinitely proof of postage, also note that billing continues as normal right upto and including last day of notice period and must be paid, any overpayment for days beyond termination date will be refunded within six weeks of termination date or you can call sky and they will refund within 3-5 working days once the credit is showing on your sky account

apparently best times to call are first thing in the morning 7am or last thing at night 9pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion