Discussion topic: How do I find the date of my contract ending

This message was authored by Lesley1965 This message was authored by: Lesley1965

How do I find the date of my contract ending

I need to find out when my contract ends as can no longer afford sky 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: How do I find the date of my contract ending

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lesley1965 wrote:

Hi @Lesley1965 

Find your Sky contract end date online using “My Account”You can find out when your Sky contract ends online by logging into your online My Sky Account. You'll be able to access your contract in the 'Your Contracts' section.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Lesley1965 wrote:

Hi @Lesley1965 

Find your Sky contract end date online using “My Account”You can find out when your Sky contract ends online by logging into your online My Sky Account. You'll be able to access your contract in the 'Your Contracts' section.

This message was authored by Ecosse This message was authored by: Ecosse

https://www.sky.com/mysky/tv

====================================================
Samsung UE49MU7070XX - Samsung MS550 Soundbar+ with 9000S Rears
Sky Q 2Tb + 3 Minis - BT Full Fibre 900
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Lesley1965 wrote:

I believe you are asking when your minimum term ends. Your contract doesn't end until you give your 31 days notice to end it. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Lesley1965 

Have a read of this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-sky-contract-start

It is your minimum term that expires and not the contract itself. Your contract might be visible via your Message Centre here:

https://messages.sky.com/message-centre/contracts

Or login to your Sky account and click on 'Offers and Upgrades' as the dates will show:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/tv or
https://www.sky.com/hub/tv
https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bb-and-talk

Or you could login to your online billing and locate your first bill, just add the length of your contract on to this - 12/18 months and you will get an idea of when your mininum term is up.
You can access your online billing here:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by IvyL This message was authored by: IvyL

No, you can't

This message was authored by IvyL This message was authored by: IvyL

Wrong, does not tell you

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@IvyL wrote:

Wrong, does not tell you

It does, and as pointed out above if not directly ( which may mean you are outside your minimum term length anyway) you can see/calculate the date from your contract documents within your account.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@IvyL wrote:

No, you can't

Do you want to start from the beginning @IvyL and tell us the issue you are having as a first post of "No, you can't" doesn't really tell is anything.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Bordonbert This message was authored by: Bordonbert

Yes, that was a bit blunt I agree.  Not tactful but I have to say I also can't find this out directly.  This information should be instantly available and obvious for all with at most a single click in their account.  It isn't!  It may be there somewhere but if that is so it is hidden away in a hideyhole that isn't easily findable but means Sky can always say they do make the date available to us.  But why should we have to grind around looking in every little nook and cranny on Sky's site to get at it?  Well, the real truth is, this is Sky after all and Sky are in that category of service provider which has a bank balance which benefits from us not knowing and no background in putting us first!  And as a modern company of today honourable dealing and good reputation don't come into the picture.

Ok, advice was given.  "Your Accounts" - where is that specifically?  I can't find that in my account anywhere.  I have a "Your Products" area which I think may be what was meant.  However that doesn't seem to lead us to any dates in plain English.  Everything downstream of that just leads me to more marketing pages where I am told a little bland info on what I have and a lot more of what I could purchase.

Yes, the other alternative, I can work out a rough date from my invoices which I have done.  That is really not a fair way of making sure that all "customers", (a tad different to clients or members), are aware of their outstanding commitment and do not go over the minimum time period unnecessarily.

In my opinion it's not a fair way to go about your business.  My honest feeling is that, while it's certainly not illegal, it's just not the action of a "decent" transparent supplier.  Just like many others I suspect, I'm counting down the days until that last invoice in my "Future Bills" becomes current.

Take heed and remember!  At the end of the minimum period you must contact Sky to tell them you no longer wish to continue.  If you do not, they will not contact you to warn you that you are now on a rolling contract.  That then implies no contractual benefits are then in place so any agreed special offers and conditions from your original fixed term contract will stop at that point.  You can find yourself a few months down the line, still with Sky, and having paid higher charges without even knowing.  This is not unique to Sky, it is inherent in this sort of industry, (I was a contractual "Virgin" until I found this out the hard way).

TO FIND YOUR END DATE OF MINIMUM CONTRACT PERIOD TRY THE FOLLOWING (correct on 17/03/24)

Select "My Sky".

Select "Bills and Payments".

Select "View Bill" for one of your products.

Select "Future" which turns into "Future Bills" when selected.

All bills until the last one at the end of your minimum contract period should be listed down the page and you can see the date of the last proposed bill.

As an addendum, be careful about when you contact Sky about ending your contract.  You need to give them at least 31 days notice.  However, being Sky...  It seems that there is some "convolution" in the process and you would be advised to make sure to have things sorted a little earlier than that to be confident you won't go over the date of a bill being current.  If you do you will have to pay extra for time over the ending date from when you confirmed your desire to leave.  That may be a full month.  (Yes, I don't get this totally yet but I am aware of it and will be in touch VERY early to make sure.)  Here is a link to a little info and advice on this very forum:

Ending your contract thread. 

[Just ask! A moment of embarrassment is better than a lifetime of ignorance.]
This message was authored by martin+Elsender This message was authored by: martin+Elsender

Exactly... it's a disgrace Sky do not simply and clearly state when your contract period ends. A simple date.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@martin+Elsender wrote:

Exactly... it's a disgrace Sky do not simply and clearly state when your contract period ends. A simple date.

It's there, clear as day.

From MySky app or WebSite >  Your Products > Offer ending dd/mm/yyyy

Seems to simply and clearly state to me.  (No date on the product means it's 'out of minimum term')

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Bordonbert This message was authored by: Bordonbert

Thanks for the heads up PandJ2020, you are obviously fluent in Skywanese so better educated than I am.  😉  That makes a big difference.

I can't speak for the Sky app as I don't put my life into thousands of bits of poorly implemented software running on a toy device for anyone to dip into, so it's always and only the website for me and on a steam powered PC too, (remember them?)  Now that you point it out, that is certainly there!

Odd they chose to call it "Offer" and not "Contract" or "Current Term" or anything that would have jogged the consciousness to wake up to the fact that that is what it meant.  I have to admit that I have been genuinely confused as to what that implied, which may account for me not taking it as the answer in the first place.  Remember, most of us have no real idea when our contract ends and that date would not necessarily make connections in that area.

I think that might just prove the usefulness of Sky adapting that word in the first place.  When you are getting towards the end of your contract period, the crucial time when they might (will?) lose your revenue, and you want to check when it ends, what do you think when you see the word "offer"?  I think of an offer of some special package which will close off on that date, not necessarily anything to do with my current contract.  Isn't that a standard ploy of marketing departments?  Give the info but make it as opaque as possible?  Confuse, divide and bleed?

We stand corrected, those of us who missed it.  All is fine - until the next person comes along who didn't catch that they use the word "offer" to mean "contract".

[Just ask! A moment of embarrassment is better than a lifetime of ignorance.]
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Bordonbert wrote:

Thanks for the heads up PandJ2020, you are obviously fluent in Skywanese so better educated than I am.  😉  That makes a big difference.

I can't speak for the Sky app as I don't put my life into thousands of bits of poorly implemented software running on a toy device for anyone to dip into, so it's always and only the website for me and on a steam powered PC too, (remember them?)  Now that you point it out, that is certainly there!

Odd they chose to call it "Offer" and not "Contract" or "Current Term" or anything that would have jogged the consciousness to wake up to the fact that that is what it meant.  I have to admit that I have been genuinely confused as to what that implied, which may account for me not taking it as the answer in the first place.  Remember, most of us have no real idea when our contract ends and that date would not necessarily make connections in that area.

I think that might just prove the usefulness of Sky adapting that word in the first place.  When you are getting towards the end of your contract period, the crucial time when they might (will?) lose your revenue, and you want to check when it ends, what do you think when you see the word "offer"?  I think of an offer of some special package which will close off on that date, not necessarily anything to do with my current contract.  Isn't that a standard ploy of marketing departments?  Give the info but make it as opaque as possible?  Confuse, divide and bleed?

We stand corrected, those of us who missed it.  All is fine - until the next person comes along who didn't catch that they use the word "offer" to mean "contract".

But it is your discounted offer that expires on that date, not your contract. If you did nothing you would start paying full list price. Your contract doesn't end until you give 31 days notice. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Bordonbert 

It's a discounted offer that ends on a specific date, which you will have been told when you agreed the discount. Otherwise your subscription doesn't end until such time as you cancel via the approved methods giving the required notice of 14 days for Broadband/Talk and 31 days for TV. If your discounts end the onus is on the customer to contact Sky and negotiate a new discount. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion