Discussion topic: Existing v New Customer prices

This message was authored by Kaos_KS This message was authored by: Kaos_KS

Re: Existing v New Customer prices

I've just cancelled my my TV package with Sky. Price was going up to £137/month from £93.

I'm out of contract and have been for years. Asked for a renegotiated price and was told £102/month was the best offer. ( Full TV package with 2 multi rooms only)

I mentioned that new customers can get the same full TV package as me with a 55" sky glass TV for £97/month all in and was told that it was to entice 'new customers' and I wouldn't be offered this as I was already a customer and that sky already 'had me'.

I was then offered a 'reconditioned' 55" sky glass TV with the full TV package for £124/month. At this point I'd had enough and told him to proceed with cancelling my contract. Which he did straight away. I've now looked at the new EE tv Pro box. Their offer for the full package which includes all of the same sky channels Inc sports, movies and 2 multiroom boxes, £78/month.

Well done sky customer service. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kaos_KS wrote:

From what I gather, after you cancel there is a 12 month waiting period before you can rejoin as a new customer.

it used to be 12 months it's now 18 months before you can be recognised as a new customer.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkTaz This message was authored by: MarkTaz

To be honest, I don't really care. As soon as my Sky stream is up, I'm cancelling it. Which is in September. I don't watch it and I'm wasting money by having it.  Tried Sky cinema last month and was shocked to see Christmas movies being shown. I cancelled that too.

This message was authored by Graham+Jackson This message was authored by: Graham+Jackson

I'm having a similar issue.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Graham+Jackson the same as the original poster? If so, the replies already given are applicable.

This message was authored by RoxyLola+0811 This message was authored by: RoxyLola+0811

I too am having this issue. Currently out of contact and been a customer for 12+ years and been told today they cannot offer new customer prices. 

It's a poor business model to get new customers in at the top and loyal customers falling from the bottom.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@RoxyLola+0811 wrote:

It's a poor business model to get new customers in at the top and loyal customers falling from the bottom.

We think so, but Sky seem to like it.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Annabelkirk This message was authored by: Annabelkirk

Im having the same issue with sky, been with them for 4 years and they have told me my broadband is going up to £35 if i agree a contract or £48 if i dont. I was paying £25 a month, and have looked online and can see virgin are offering broadband at £26 a month for 18 months, sky also offering the same deal at £26 a month.

customer services keep saying that its new customer offer only, so think i will take my chances moving to virgin if they want to be like that.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Annabelkirk 

You would have benefited from a similar deal 4 years ago. Comcast seem to want to attract new customers whilst sometimes losing current ones. If you're moving elsewhere, when that discounted deal ends you'll find yourself in the same position and after 18 months Sky will class you as a new customer if you want to return.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkTaz This message was authored by: MarkTaz

Anabelle, you should check out plus net too. That's who I switched to for my broadband from SKY. They have great deals for fibre. I'm paying the same for a 900mbs connection v a 500mbs connection with Sky and it reaches well above the 750 they guarantee. I get 850mbs on a broadband test.  Of course there are others to check out too, but I opted for plus net because of UK call centres and their pricing

This message was authored by Annabelkirk This message was authored by: Annabelkirk

Yeah i get that, but over £18 months i will still be savinf £182!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion