Discussion topic: Bill shock

This message was authored by Harper3 This message was authored by: Harper3

Bill shock

I am trying to speak to someone at Sky - my mother's bill has increased from £44.50 to £78 for the same service in 2 years.  It is literally impossible to find a number that doesn't just give an automated response.  It seems the only way to reduce the bill is to cancel the account and take out a new service - seems mad.  Worst service I've ever had from a company that used to look after its customers

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Bill shock

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can find the number here: https://www.sky.com/help/home

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

When you do call say nothing when the bot speaks to you about what your call is about as it should then route you to somebody.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Morrow This message was authored by: Morrow

We have the exact same experience. I went onto the website yesterday to try and find a contact number for a Sky rep here in Ireland. Absolutely impossible. I spent 2 hours going around in circles. I always ended up with people in the UK call centres who were "putting me through now " and zilch. Eventually I ended up in a Whatsapp chat with someone  in complaints I think and discovered to my horror that we were being charged a tenner a month for a Kids channel that we never use.

No that's no use. I spent two hours yesterday going round in circles on their website. See my post below.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you use the link posted ny @Mark39 and go to the bottom you will see "Need more help", make sure the flag at the bottom right is set to Ireland as it should then display the number to call.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Right the number that comes up is  (Sky blocking this  number) . Immediately it rings a voice comes on "Sorry we could not connect..."

Yesterday during my day of hell with Sky I tried that number at different times throughout the afternoon and the same thing happened every time. Which seems to confirm my point that the Sky website is a pure exercise in smoke and mirrors.

You are using the 0818 number? I haven't seen any other reports of it being faulty.

What 0818 number? It begins 0333

Why not try the 0333 number for yourself?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Morrow 

It would appear you've been trying to connect to the UK number but a previous post states you're in Ireland …

https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Morrow wrote:

What 0818 number? It begins 0333

You certainly can't connect to the 03 number. Follow the advice given already and change,the flag.

No, it does not provide an 0818 number. Again, have you tried that 0333 number or are you in fact an AI bot?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Morrow wrote:

No, it does not provide an 0818 number. Again, have you tried that 0333 number or are you in fact an AI bot?

Funny seem,s to work for me by changing the flag to Eire you shouldget the correct number for The Republic of Ireland.

Try clearing your browsers cache.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.18.09.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion