Discussion topic: 4 WEEKS SKY LEAVE DISABLED STUDENT VIP WITH NO HELP!!!! PERSISTENT REQUESTS AND COMPLAINTS!!!

This message was authored by UNThr34dxbLe This message was authored by: UNThr34dxbLe

4 WEEKS SKY LEAVE DISABLED STUDENT VIP WITH NO HELP!!!! PERSISTENT REQUESTS AND COMPLAINTS!!!

This is absolutely shocking!!! I wished to upgrade and add new services by switching all other providers to Sky worth £100s pcm and no has cared! Passing me from one place to another with no able or willing to resolve or process. Hours wasted health and studies effected. Bills charging another month exhausted all contact options numerou times been to India Africa wrong companies even texts calls social media and even through complete procedure repeating myself over and over and over again and nothing. I am shocked! This is an outrage!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: 4 WEEKS SKY LEAVE DISABLED STUDENT VIP WITH NO HELP!!!! PERSISTENT REQUESTS AND COMPLAINTS!!!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Whay problem needs resolving? Can you not upgrade online?

UNThr34dxbLe
Topic Author
This message was authored by UNThr34dxbLe This message was authored by: UNThr34dxbLe

Re: 4 WEEKS SKY LEAVE DISABLED STUDENT VIP WITH NO HELP!!!! PERSISTENT REQUESTS AND COMPLAINTS!!!

There is a number of reasons including the online system price everything differently depending on the order or grouping of products and is limited to the number of products you can put through and each services is seperate and will then incur multiple credit checks/entries. The most current best available offers prices and bundles are not provided. I also have disability needs and service requirements and can redeem student discount.  It is not trusty worthy or fair of sky to do this but they cleary know that they can rip off unsuspecting customers this way. I am upgrading to skyglass with every service avialable and I am switching all my other services too including all my family mobile lines,  BT wifi, and order a MacBook, accessories and services which at the moment costs me £600 a month so I have asked them to give me 1 quote for everything as the will only do this if you purchase the first service. So I go to sky glass India and is yes yes I do that the get to end prices is higher no deals sorry can't do that can't do that but if you pay now and order it I'll put you to the next department for you to get prices which is not what I made clear and was or was told would happen at the start of every call. But I got prices online with my codes and sky S. Afrikaa who were amazing gave me prices but can't process as I'm a Scotland customer and they can only process England so I go back to India but they can't seem to put it through or help or call back or even listen and I'm just passed around for hours same on text or socia media etc and in email. I've game them it in writing clear with pieces quoted and no one is doing it or helping me. Afrikaa said they would do it for me they are amazing but when I called it keeps going to India and they are putting me through to random companies. This has been since the very beginning of April I've now missed uni work became stressed and decreased my recent serious medical condition. The do not care for a customer for the large order a disability or anything. And the overall process to do this is shocking. Now I'm falling my masters. I'm now looking at other provides but now that is more time I do not have to spare and now heath impact. Thank you Sky I've had my limit 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@UNThr34dxbLe  Only Sky Mobile & Sky Glass need credit checks for devices bought on a credit agreement.  TV & Broadband doesn't normally need a c redit check so not sure from your post what yopu mean by amount  of credit checks.

You post isn;t making much sense regarding call centres as it make no difference where you are in the UK a adviser if able can offer discounts if they are able to.

There is no Sky India or Sky Glass india so really confused by your post

Perhaps listing each point seperately  in seperate sentences may make it easier to understand the issues in full?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@GD1 wrote:

There is no Sky India or Sky Glass india so really confused by your post

...and Sky South Africa doesn't ser ce the UK, so they won't be able to help, regardless of whether or not they can give you a price.

UNThr34dxbLe
Topic Author

The call centres are based there my friend 

UNThr34dxbLe
Topic Author

Apologies for the way I've responded, I am just tired and extremely stressed and busy along with seriously unwell and have disabilities.

when you call sky it connects to various call centres and yes the allocated centres can process and resolve your orders. The text services does the same. I've been through to all of them several times over the past 4 weeks and also have the written texts which can prove this. 

The terms and conditions states that credit checks may be made to process all orders. It isn't just check credit but also identity affordability fraud etc. 

all of the process are far too long and poor quality. They have not been able to resolve and process and I would not be writing this otherwise. 

It's extremely large order and I have made requests clear to them multiple times again can be prove by all records. 

Acc: VIP

15+ years loyal Sky customer.

7-year VIP standing inaccurate reflection due to prior account adjustments made by Sky.

Sky Services Manager   

To whom it may concern,

I write to express dissatisfaction and to complain about recent Sky customer experiences.

1. Overly complex processes and inconsistencies across operations.

2. Inadequacies and incompetencies across departments and representatives.

3. Poor service, experience and impact.

4. Inability to complete simple tasks, quotations and orders.

5. Lack of customer care, relations and commitment.

6. Unnecessary duration associated with each function.

7. Evident lack of value for existing customers.

Offered a considerable opportunity to obtain a high-value order. Required due care and attention to secure. Regrettably, nothing materialised, leaving me significantly dismayed.

In a recent attempt to upgrade and add products by switching other renewal services to Sky, detailed itemisation includes 10 mobile phone lines with EE valued at £350-£400 per month, BT broadband at £55 per month, and an Apple MacBook Pro 16” M3 Max, among other products and accessories. The total value of the intended services for transition to Sky is approximately £400-£600 per month.

A full-time professional, a returning academic student completing an MSc and PhD with registered disabilities, encompassed with supporting a family household, interactions with Sky have been particularly burdensome, severely impeding my academic pursuits.

Despite persistent engagement efforts exhausting various channels, online platforms, phone calls, messages, and email, over recent weeks, the lacklustre service provisions have fallen short. Processes are unnecessarily complex, lengthy, and inconsistent, hampered by representatives lacking attentiveness, desire, and capabilities for efficient task fulfilment.

The assistance provided by agents has been notably subpar, further complicating the process. Only once did a rude and unhelpful UK agent engage; several Indian agents, despite polite and well-mannered intentions, presented too many difficulties and did not resolve the request.

Although, Scottish customers are outwith their remits. I can commend Jonathan, Raza, an unnamed member, and the Sky call centre team in South Africa displayed commendable conduct, exceeding expectations with outstanding communication and support during interactions.

Including Sky quotes, the required products and services are itemised below. Kindly complete the order, considering value, loyalty, VIP rewards, student and disability benefits, discounts, offers, codes and recent experience.

All products and services:

No upfront/device cost

No delivery cost

No install/set-up cost

TV and BB has 3 months free

£97 - Sky Glass 65” TV Blue/Blue, live, multi-room, full TV package and add-ons

£32 - Sky BB GigaFast 500 UltraMax Plus

£34 - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max 512gb black 36m: Unlimted £34/m first 24m, then £27.75 thereafter with free add-ons

£44 - Apple iPhone 15 Pro 512gb black 36m: Unlimted £44/m first 24m, then £36/m thereafter with free add-ons

£?? - 4 SIM-only deals that allow device upgrades at Christmas

£10 - Apple AirPod Pro and Apple Plug MagSafe Adapter

£?? - Various products and accessories

£54 - MacBook Pro 16” m3 Max Black

£?? - Various media tech equipment and software

£?? - Sky Smart Home Contents Insurance with £250 free tech

Supplementary enquiry options (not vital):

Can two Sky Glass TVs work together and provide multi-room capabilities? If possible, replace multi-room with 2nd Sky Glass TV below.

£?? - 2nd Sky Glass 43" TV Pink/Pink multiroom option

£?? - Sky BB GigaFast 900 UltraMax Plus alternative option

In contrast, devices, if takeover possible, price and provide details

£51 - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max in contract

£47 - Apple Series 8 Smart Watch in contract

I respectfully seek a prompt and satisfactory resolution to prevent further disruption to my academic pursuits and appreciate your earliest attention to this matter.

Should this not be resolved satisfactorily, cancellation of all Sky services and transition to a rival provider will be inevitable.

Thank you for your attention and anticipated resolution.

@UNThr34dxbLe wrote:

The call centres are based there my friend 

We're not acquainted. Please don't patronise me.

UNThr34dxbLe
Topic Author

Excuse me? Who has patronised

Are you offended by being greeted with respect and courtesy?

is this what has happened to our society now? Taking offence to friend? If this has hurt your feelings please accept there will be no apology for my being as there should be more friends and I do hope you make many more. This would define exactly an acquaintance and I feel we are definitely moving beyond that now. One love my friend ♥️ 

acquaintance 

noun
1. knowledge or experience of something.

2. a person one knows slightly, but who is not a close friend. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@UNThr34dxbLe wrote:

I am upgrading to skyglass with every service avialable and I am switching all my other services too including all my family mobile lines,  BT wifi, and order a MacBook, accessories and services which at the moment costs me £600 a month so I have asked them to give me 1 quote for everything as the will only do this if you purchase the first service. 

I'm afraid that was just an unrealistic expectation: Sky Television (Glass sale and content subscription), Sky Broadband (internet access) and particularly Sky Mobile (service subscription and hardware sales) are different parts of the company and operate under differing external regulatory regimes both in contract law and financial regulation: subscription television, internet access, mobile subscription and computer hardware purchase simply cannot be combined as one quote or concluded in a single transaction.

Typically Sky are very happy to sell streaming television and broadband alongside each other (although legally these are separate products each on their own contract) but acquiring any subscription service and/or hardware product from Sky Mobile is an entirely different process on one or more other contracts and finance terms (particular if using a credit agreement)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@UNThr34dxbLe 

If I understand your second post correctly, you were attempting at least five different transactions: Glass television purchase, streaming television content subscription, fixed-line broadband subscription, mobile phone service subscription and computer hardware purchase.

That's five different contracts, typically a minimum of two finance agreements (each involving one or more separate credit rating checks) and a whole heap of regulatory compliance to go through, and note that all these apply to an existing Sky customer (irrespective of 'VIP' status) just as much as to a new one.

If you still wish to go ahead then the only sensible way to approach this is item by item: I'd suggest Sky Glass and broadband from Sky first (the online sales process is designed so that these can be co-ordered, although fulfilment is on different timescales), then the mobile subscription move and finally any computer purchasing through Sky Mobile 

@UNThr34dxbLe wrote:

Including Sky quotes, the required products and services are itemised below. Kindly complete the order, considering value, loyalty, VIP rewards, student and disability benefits, discounts, offers, codes and recent experience.

As I've tried to explain above, that's not going to happen because there's no process at Sky through which it could happen.  I seriously doubt you'll find any competitor which could complete such a request either: certainly not in a single transaction.

Incidentally the Building and Contents insurance is a sixth separate process and contract, undertaken with yet another separate part of Sky plus the insurance underwriter.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion