Discussion topic: With so many repeats on numerous channels can Sky please add R in viewing guide to indicate repeat.

This message was authored by Tonytheblue This message was authored by: Tonytheblue

With so many repeats on numerous channels can Sky please add R in viewing guide to indicate repeat.

In addition can Sky please highlight that a programme has been viewed/recorded previously on sky box.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: With so many repeats on numerous channels can Sky please add R in viewing guide to indicate repe

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the program has been recorded or downloaded and is still on the box then it will say viewed against it otherwise it isn't possible to know if something perhaps from years ago you have viewed or not.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Tonytheblue
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tonytheblue This message was authored by: Tonytheblue

Re: With so many repeats on numerous channels can Sky please add R in viewing guide to indicate repe

Ok thanks I get that is currently the situation. Sky do know what has been recorded and watched then deleted. I'm asking for the Q box to remember and let me know my viewing history.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Tonytheblue wrote:

Ok thanks I get that is currently the situation. Sky do know what has been recorded and watched then deleted. I'm asking for the Q box to remember and let me know my viewing history.

To remeber what you have watched on your box since the begining of time would require a lot of storage space to store the database, for some this space would be very large and leave little space for recordings

People have done without this facility for many decades and have found other ways of remembering what they have watched

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Tonytheblue 

You'd also have the situation of when a faulty box is replaced. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Tonytheblue
Topic Author

Ok this is getting interesting. I'm not convinced that the file size would take a lot of memory compared to say a uhd film or two.  Agreed a new box would need the file transferred to new box. But why couldn't Sky do that. It sounds simple to me. Any techie from Sky want to comment why this is not possible. It would set Sky apart from other competitors. Come on Sky get into the conversation.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Tonytheblue 

You wont get Sky commenting on the feasibility of your idea on here. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

This is the first time I've seen such a request on the forum and I've been here since day one, so I doubt many are bother by the lack of such a feature

Sky would get so much negativity from people who lots their viewing history due to device failures etc...

Also most boxes are used by multiple people (family members) and that would cause major complications

Maybe create a list yourself in a book or on a computer

Tonytheblue
Topic Author

Thank you. I'm a newbie. How do I get Sky to comment?

This forum is primarily customer-to-customer help, Sky rarely comment on feature wishlists

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Annie+UK wrote

• Maybe create a list yourself in a book or on a computer

I've done this myself on excel for films and tv series. It's not because of repeats or anything, just because I like spreadsheets. 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Sky already hold details of all our viewing - it's used to power recommendations.

However, using that to show previously watched content would require major changes to how Q works and be fraught with problems - when content moves channels, it may change metadata and appear a different show, for example.

Netflix doesn't even manage to do it properly - mine recommends me movies I've already watched on that platform.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion