Discussion topic: Sky technician workmanship

This message was authored by Dannytt This message was authored by: Dannytt

Sky technician workmanship

• I live in a semi detached house in glasgow. My neighbour through the wall had a Sky technician (if that's what you call this particular one) to raise his dish at the front of his house. He did fit a new bracket and fitted the existing dish to the bracket with new cabling to suit. Yea job well done, you would think. No.... The technician left the old bracket on the wall and the insult comes when you realise that he just cut the old cable and left it dangling in the wind. The only reason for this shoddy workmanship can only be put down to two causes
  • 1 - He does Not care. 
  • 2- He has NO idea of the concept         of  esthetics. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky technician workmanship

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Your neighbour owns the dish and cabling and they're their responsibility, not Sky's. I imagine the Sky technician on site would have been amenable to removing the old bits of kit if it was easy to do so and if your neighbour asked them to.

Dannytt
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dannytt This message was authored by: Dannytt

I completely understand where you're coming from. There may well be reasoning for leaving the bracket on the wall but to leave the cabling is beyond my comprehension.  Over two metres of the cabling was left dangling in the wind, if this becomes detached from the building it becomes a hazard to children and animals but something in today's concerns is the FACT that it would become an addition to the plastics pollution that is the modern cancer of our planet. Again I applaud the sky technician who has now contributed to this. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I would suggest speaking to your neighbour if you're concerned, given that the cables are their property.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Dannytt wrote:
  • I live in a semi detached house in [Glasgow]. My neighbour through the wall had a Sky technician (if that's what you call this particular one) to raise his dish at the front of his house. He did fit a new bracket and fitted the existing dish to the bracket with new cabling to suit. Yea job well done, you would think. No.... The technician left the old bracket on the wall and the insult comes when you realise that he just cut the old cable and left it dangling in the wind. The only reason for this shoddy workmanship can only be put down to two causes
  • 1 - He does Not care. 
  • 2- He has NO idea of the concept         of  [aesthetics]. 

I'm a little confused. This is not your dish, property or wires? So why are you going on about it? But I don't really understand why it's any concern of yours. 

If, as previously said, a wire does hit a child, etc, this will be down to your neighbour to address it and not you.

I'm going to be blunt; it's not your business, so leave it. Stop getting riled up about something that is none of your business. Go enjoy your life, and look after your own property, garden(s), and what wires are/are not on your property, etc, etc., and stop worrying about your neighbours and what they do or what work they have done to their property.

I do apologise if this seems to be harsh or rude, but I'm not meaning to be, I'm just stating a fact that no one has addressed.

I'm going to give you the best advice I've ever heard in my entire life:
"Let others be". 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We welcome healthy debate from all angles, however can we be mindful of the Community Guidelines and be nice to each other.

@Dannytt  Welcome to the Sky Community. As has been pointed out, the equipment is your neighbours, however, I would recommend asking your neighbour to get in touch if they wish to register this problem.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion