Discussion topic: Sky app disappeared from Samsung tv

This message was authored by Orcadian1 This message was authored by: Orcadian1

Sky app disappeared from Samsung tv

Anyone know why my Sky app disappeared from my Q9 Samsung Tv a week ago, or how I get it back?  I've tried stwitching the tv power off, but can't fnd the app at all when I search in the list of apps.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

Re: Sky app disappeared from Samsung tv

@Orcadian1 wrote:

Anyone know why my Sky app disappeared from my Q9 Samsung Tv a week ago, or how I get it back?  I've tried stwitching the tv power off, but can't fnd the app at all when I search in the list of apps.

It's probably not an app, it's just a shortcut to the HDMI input your box is attached to. Samsung TVs tend to add a logo to devices they recognise which make them look like an app. If it's disappeared try disconnecting then reconnecting the HDMI cable - this will res-establish the handshake between the two devices. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam Answer

@Orcadian1 wrote:

It's probably not an app, it's just a shortcut to the HDMI input your box is attached to. Samsung TVs tend to add a logo to devices they recognise which make them look like an app. If it's disappeared try disconnecting then reconnecting the HDMI cable - this will res-establish the handshake between the two devices. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Orcadian1  Have you reached out to Samsung or read the TV's user manual as they are the TV manufacturere and disappearing apps isn't a Sky problem.

The only "Sky" apps on a Samsung are Now TV Nand Sky news

Any other "Sky" app are unrelated to Sky themselves.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jon147 This message was authored by: Jon147

I have the same problem, I'm sure it was an app and it's no longer there.  Also the Samsung remote control no longer works with my sky box.  

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Possibly this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/samsung-tv-update-free-sky 

Samsung apparently lists Sky Mix within their TV Plus (FAST) service on 4155.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/smart-tv/samsung-tv-plus/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion