Discussion topic: No internet connection on TV

This message was authored by Matthewdaws This message was authored by: Matthewdaws

No internet connection on TV

Just had cable connection installed and bought a new TV. I cannot get any internet connection from the TV and now my laptop will not connect with my printer. It's driving me nuts. Please help.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: No internet connection on TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matthewdaws  Is this Sky broadband your referring to?   Regarding your New TV have you  read the TV's manual to get setup?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Matthewdaws
Topic Author
This message was authored by Matthewdaws This message was authored by: Matthewdaws

I am getting a TV picture but only through the old Sky box. I have followed all the set up instructions on screen (on the new TV) and although it keeps scanning for TV channels  I keep getting the message "no channels found"

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Matthewdaws  Ok, so this isn't a Sky issue then but  asetup issue with your new TV, have you connected an aerial cable to yopur TV, without one it cannot scan for channels.

Have you also followed your TV setup guide fully?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Matthewdaws wrote:

although it keeps scanning for TV channels  I keep getting the message "no channels found"

'Scanning for channels' is the television attempting to tune into a broadcast signal from Freeview (or possibly Freesat) and as indicated needs a functional aerial connection (or satellite dish feed through a compatible LNB) to succeed.

Getting an internet connection to the television, and connecting up a laptop with a printer, are entirely separate process relating to the new internet router.

Neither relates to the Sky box, or to Sky at all if it's not Sky Broadband.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion