Discussion topic: New Series Have I Got More News For You Query

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

New Series Have I Got More News For You Query

Hi. 

Is there any reason why the new series of Have I Got More News For You starting this coming Monday (April 17th) at  10.40pm is airing on BBC One SD (channel 801) and not the usual HD channel which is showing  the Super League Show 2023 in the same slot? (we have the HD package fyi) Is this a new thing because the show used to air on the HD Channel in the past. 

My paper tv guide has HIGMNFY listed but the EPG has the rugby show. Anyone else have this? (I have Sky Q) 

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: New Series Have I Got More News For You Query

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think it is a question for the bbc

It could be to do with regions, maybe sd version is a bigger region than the hd version?

Where in the uk are you?

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
Ray+Keenan
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

I'm in the North East.  

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

You could raise it with the bbc via

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
Ray+Keenan
Topic Author

Many thanks for that. Have sent a complaint though it would seem it's a regional thing, which is weird. Let's see if anything happens (not holding my breath tbh) 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Ray+Keenan Northern regional BBC channels don't show HIGABMNFY, they show Super League instead. You should be able to schedule the recording in HD from one of the other BBC regional channels in the 950 range of channels. I tend to use BBC NI HD. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
Ray+Keenan
Topic Author

Thank you for the tip- I have set a timer for one of those channels instead but I'm still puzzled as to why the North East and Yorkshire based HD  BBC 1 channels now don't show the programme but all the other ones do. 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Ray+Keenan wrote:

Thank you for the tip- I have set a timer for one of those channels instead but I'm still puzzled as to why the North East and Yorkshire based HD  BBC 1 channels now don't show the programme but all the other ones do. 

@Ray+Keenan They've never shown it when it clashes with a Super League weekend but, like me, you probably used to record it on the generic BBC One HD Ch 115, which did show it. The regional channels were only SD. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ray+Keenan wrote:

I'm still puzzled as to why the North East and Yorkshire based HD  BBC 1 channels now don't show the programme

Presumably the Beeb demonstrating its inclusivity of minority cultural practices ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@Ray+Keenan wrote:

Super League show is broadcast in North West, North East and Yorkshire. 

The BBC One English regional channels have recently gone HD, which is why you're seeing the Super League Show on the HD channel for the first time. Previously there was a national version of BBC One HD without any regional variations. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion