Discussion topic: NHL on Viaplay?

This message was authored by WayneHarris1000 This message was authored by: WayneHarris1000

NHL on Viaplay?

I'm looking to sign up to Viaplay as my son wants to follow his NHL team.

am I correct all games via the TV are live on the Sky Viaplay channels, however to rewatch within 48 hours, this can only be done via a different device/app?

All Replies

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

Re: NHL on Viaplay?

@WayneHarris1000 wrote:

I'm looking to sign up to Viaplay as my son wants to follow his NHL team.

am I correct all games via the TV are live on the Sky Viaplay channels, however to rewatch within 48 hours, this can only be done via a different device/app?

@WayneHarris1000 

Yes, you would need to download and login to the Viaplay app after subscribing. You would be able to watch the linear channels via the Sky box, with additional live streams and on-demand replays and highlights exclusive to the app. 

This message was authored by Austinored This message was authored by: Austinored

Viaplay is amazing. I've only signed up to Premier Sports due to Nation's League football for Hungary games, but once I saw Ice Hockey, I was hooked. I follow Rangers and Kraken, and since Premier changed to Viaplay it's so much better. I think all NHL games are on via the app. With selected ones on the 3 channels on Sky. What's a shame tho, I can only watch the app on my phone, couldn't find it on Xbox. It's a real first world problem lol 😂

The app also has a bunch of Nordic drama and films which is a lot better than the old Premier Sports app.

Panasonic 50cx700 sky q 2tb, keep the 3d films, I am still watching those
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Austinored 

Yeah every game is shown on the Viaplay App and avaliable for Catchup for 48 Hours.

This message was authored by pintree3 This message was authored by: pintree3

Streaming NHL Bruins ice hockey games

NHL TV took me to Sky Sports telling me I can stream NHL games here. However , I've been going in circles as to how I can get information regarding this: prices, availabilty and all other details.  Any advice preferably with direct links would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

New here (this post and Europe) and never heard of Viaplay. You said "Viaplay app" I associate the word 'app' only to phones. Not interested in this but rather on PC (Windows). Is such available? If yes, please direct me to the link needed. Thank you

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Streaming NHL Bruins ice hockey games

Apparently it's Viaplay that currently hold the rights to NHL and they're broadcast on their Premier Sports channel. It's not currently available directly via Sky Stream or Glass but you can add to a Prime account as a channel and access it via the Prime app on Stream or Glass 

Thank you for the quick reply. The word 'app' to me means cellphone and I am not interested in streaming games on my phone but on my PC. or am I wrong? Is it available for PC as well?

As mentioned I am new to Europe hence have no idea as to what you mean when you say, "....

Sky Stream or Glass but you can add to a Prime account as a channel and access it via the Prime app on Stream or Glass " By this I mean what is a "Prime account" what is "Stream" in this case and what is "Glass"?

Finally, perhaps I should have mentioned this before but I am not in the UK but in Italy. I came here  "Sky UK"because my italian (Sky Italia) is not good enough.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

It's probably irrelevant now @pintree3 , Viaplay have already announced they are leaving the UK market, so I suspect the UK rights to NHL will be going to someone else shortly. 

If you still fee like signing up (because weirdly you can), there isn't a Windows/PC app, like many streaming services now it is browser only.

Details here: https://viaplay.com/gb-en/devices/pc 

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

I've answered this question for you in the Viaplay thread @pintree3 , but seeing as you are in Italy, the point is moot.

I do not know who holds the rights there. I think it used to be ESPN.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

If you're in Italy, you'll need to check who owns the broadcast rights for Italy as this is a customer to customer help forum for Sky UK customers.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@pintree3 wrote:

Finally, perhaps I should have mentioned this before but I am not in the UK but in Italy. I came here  "Sky UK"because my italian (Sky Italia) is not good enough.

The Glass/Stream system has not been released by Sky Group in Italy and will not function there even if you could legitimately obtain the relevant hardware and a service subscription in the UK.  Sky does not have a standalone streaming app and Sky Go no longer works in the EU.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@pintree3 

I'd note the NHL international television partners page does not list distribution in Italy.

https://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=74583 

I thank you all for your help. It is well appreciated.

TimmyBGood re: "NHL international television partners page does not list distribution in Italy." The page must be outdated. The nhl.tv website does show Italy and was confirmed by an email sent by them.

stereohaven: I did not mean a Windows app but rather through a browser via Windows (and not the phone)

Thanks again to all.

@pintree3 wrote:

stereohaven: I did not mean a Windows app but rather through a browser via Windows (and not the phone)

Sky ceased browser access to streaming service years ago when Microsoft Silverlight stopped being a thing.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion