Discussion topic: Looking for the right contact for licensing issues

This message was authored by MikeWin This message was authored by: MikeWin

Looking for the right contact for licensing issues

Hello everyone,

first off: apologies for beig off topic. The SkySports-ContactUs-Page (https://www.skysports.com/contact-us) directed me to this forum, and even on here i could not find any better place for my specific question.

But i hope, someone on here knows where i have to go with my question.

I want to ask whomever-is-the-right-one-for-this-of-SkySports for permission to use pictures and video-snippets of Formula1-broadcasts as supporting material for me soon-to-be-created German-Language-Youtube-Channel.

Any hints, where i could find the correct person to ask for this, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Mike Win of Austria

Best Answers
This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h Answer

Re: Looking for the right contact for licensing issues

@MikeWin wrote:

Hello everyone,

first off: apologies for beig off topic. The SkySports-ContactUs-Page (https://www.skysports.com/contact-us) directed me to this forum, and even on here i could not find any better place for my specific question.

I want to ask whomever-is-the-right-one-for-this-of-SkySports for permission to use pictures and video-snippets of Formula1-broadcasts as supporting material for me soon-to-be-created German-Language-Youtube-Channel.

Any hints, where i could find the correct person to ask for this, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Mike Win of Austria

@MikeWin 

You will need to email details to trademarks[at]fomltd.com and they will establish whether or not you can apply for a license. Failure to do it this way will result in your videos being removed pretty quickly due to copyright infringement. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MikeWin wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in Advance!

Mike Win of Austria

@MikeWin its a hard one as all the race coverage/practice sessions etc  is provided to Sky by FOM so they may still retain the rights hope this is helpful

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h Answer

@MikeWin wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in Advance!

Mike Win of Austria

@MikeWin 

You will need to email details to trademarks[at]fomltd.com and they will establish whether or not you can apply for a license. Failure to do it this way will result in your videos being removed pretty quickly due to copyright infringement. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@MikeWin  The forum you have posted on is Sky UK, who wouldn't deal with any rights in Austria so you'd be better off contacting Servus TV or Sky.at in Austria who are the partner broadcaster for F1 in Austria https://corp.formula1.com/formula-1-announces-renewal-of-servustv-broadcast-partnership-until-2026/#....

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@GD1 wrote:

@MikeWin  The forum you have posted on is Sky UK, who wouldn't deal with any rights in Austria so you'd be better off looking at the Sky.de  website for contacts and seek out the rights holders in Austria.

The rights holder in Austria is Sky.

But that is irrelevant as FOM handle all copyright, IP and licensing worldwide. The OP needs to email the address provided above, irrespective of what country they're in. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@d2h  Please see my amended post  it would be Sky.at  Although according to this link it is also Servus TV

https://www.servustv.com/sport/b/formel-1/aa-25hkbv8c52111/

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

MikeWin
Topic Author

@d2h thank you, i will contact the mailadress you mentioned.

And i'm quite aware that videos on YT are getting removed quite swiftly,

that's why i'm on this quest for the elusive rights holder.

Thank you

MikeWin
Topic Author

@GD1  hello and thank you,

and i in fact did contact ServusTV too, because i might use parts of their broadcasts/livestreams as well, but their coverage is rather limited, Sky UK's coverage is way more extensive, and  the chance for me to find source material for my videos there rather than in ORF's (the public broadcaster, whom i contacted too) or ServusTV's livestreams is a lot bigger.

Thank you

MikeWin
Topic Author

@Laing1  Hello and thank you, as it seems your thoughts were going in the right directions, as D2h seems to be of the same opinion. I will contct FOM and ask them for permission.

Thanks!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion