Discussion topic: Harry Potter Removed

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Re: Harry Potter Removed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TimmyBGood 

I feel so old reading that I don't have a dedicated optical disk player but I do have my PS5 for 4K Blu-rays and the Dedicated Media remote for it so that does me for the moment haha.

This message was authored by Morrej This message was authored by: Morrej

Why are the Harry Potter films not playing?

We're half way through the 3rd Harry Potter film and now none of them are playing. They are all showing as available in the movies menus  in the family sub-category. Everything else in that menus plays except the Harry Potter films. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@CardiffMan1992 

I'm buying twin-DVD 'special editions' whenever I see them to get all the 'extras' ('making-of' feature and so on) which will be lost when disks stop being a thing.  One day I'm going to sit down and capture these all digitally.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Why are the Harry Potter films not playing?

@Morrej 

I have moved your post to here where this is already being discussed so if you scroll back up the page you will see that the rights Sky had to the films have expired.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@TimmyBGood 

Hope you get eventually i've never really been a fan of that sort of thing occassionally watch deleted scenes but never the interviews.

This message was authored by Xaazari This message was authored by: Xaazari

So furious about that. No warning. Just removed.... only reason I paying for cinema so would have been nice with a heads up! What a **bleep**show

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Xaazari wrote:

So furious about that. No warning. Just removed.... only reason I paying for cinema so would have been nice with a heads up! What a **bleep**show

You obviously have not read the entire thread 😞

There is an expiry date on the movies you just have to look for it yourself

@Annie+UK 

Couldn't of said it better

This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

The Just Watch app is showing no results for Streaming services on any UK service. 

My daughter was on number 5. Just gonna buy the rest for a quid each on blu ray at CEX 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Ben1980 wrote:

The Just Watch app is showing no results for Streaming services on any UK service. 

My daughter was on number 5. Just gonna buy the rest for a quid each on blu ray at CEX 

For me Just Watch shows that all the movies are available for purchase or rental on various UK streaming services including Prime Video, iTunes, Sky Store, Rakuten, Chili and others. 

They're not on any UK subscription based service like Sky Cinema or NOW because Warner Bros want to make some more money out of them through direct sale or rental from various streaming services, or the sale of physical disc media.  

If you can get them for a quid on BluRay at CEX then go for it - physical disc is always best. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Hello, I've just gone to watch one of the movies from my recordings section but thought my parents deleted them. But in fact sky have removed them from the free section and if you want to watch them you have to buy them or rent them. It's not about buying them it's the fact of having them accessible, I have all of the dvds but on occasion I like to put them on as comfort movies. Stop giving customers reasons to cancel subscriptions and go elsewhere very unhappy 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Anonymous wrote:

Stop giving customers reasons to cancel subscriptions and go elsewhere very unhappy 

The HP movie franchise is the (extremely valuable) property of Warner Bros Entertainment Inc, and it's entirely up to them as to which distributors get a licence, and for how long.

@TimmyBGood 

Plus there own platform they could put it on if the rights have expired with Sky. 

@CardiffMan1992 

Certainly, given Warner Bros Entertainment Inc is a subsidiary of what is now Warner Bros Discovery Inc

Always possible that WB choose to use HP as a driver to get people onto the Discovery+ app (or whatever that app morphs into, particularly once HBO is on-board) either now or in the future.

@TimmyBGood 

Certainly a possiblilty when BT Sport is added this summer to discovery plus seeing them add a small catalogue of CW TV Shows and some films obviously not HBO stuff but they have a lot more content then just that. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion