Discussion topic: Fabric speaker cover cleaning

This message was authored by Argo57 This message was authored by: Argo57

Fabric speaker cover cleaning

Hi just got a replacement sound bar setup it's the LG QP5W Éclair with wireless soundbar to enjoy my new HDR sky Q box. 

Unfortunately my kids have had all there mucky hands over the woofers fabric coating and can't find anywhere online to guide me on how to clean it. Baby wipes damp toothbrush I'm not sure so thought the good people on this forum might be able to help. Any suggestions 

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Fabric speaker cover cleaning

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Argo57 wrote:

Hi just got a replacement sound bar setup it's the LG QP5W Éclair with wireless soundbar to enjoy my new HDR sky Q box. 

Unfortunately my kids have had all there mucky hands over the woofers fabric coating and can't find anywhere online to guide me on how to clean it. Baby wipes damp toothbrush I'm not sure so thought the good people on this forum might be able to help. Any suggestions 

Thanks 

hi @Argo57 

I am guessing you may have already tried to clean, so I might be a little late replying. 

I am afraid I can't sepcifically recommend anything. 

The key thing is to make sure that when cleaning the mesh/grill you don't touch the speaker cone(s).

if wiping with a damp (note only just damp) cloth doesn't work, then maybe a gentle brush, with something like a toothbrush might work but you must make sure you don't apply too much pressure causing the brush to brush or worse scratch the speaker cone 

Edit: It will depend on how fine the mesh covering is - a toothbrush may not be suitable for a fine cloth mesh

P.S. I don't know the sound bar - I assume that the grill/mesh is not detachable 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion