Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - April 2021

This message was authored by Federica-C This message was authored by: Federica-C

Changes to the Sky TV guide - April 2021

Thursday 1st

• Nick Jr. Too (613) renames to NickJrPAWPatrol. The PAW Patrol are ready to go, go, go in a mighty month-long PAW Patrol takeover! Join the pups for daring rescues, meeting new friends and even time for a pup pup boogie!

• Hochanda (673) renames to The Craft Store . Your one-stop destination for crafting inspiration at affordable prices.

• Channel 4 AD and Channel 4+1 AD channels close at (974 & 975). These channels were set up to provide audio description services for Channel 4. Channel 4 have now made AD available in all regions on their main channel, so viewers who require AD should tune to 104 and 204 for Channel 4 and Channel 4+1.

Monday 5th

• Sky Sports Golf (405/859) renames to Sky Masters/Sky Masters HD. Sky Sports Masters offers 8 days of non-stop golf, including exclusive live coverage, previews, highlights and archive of this high profile event.

Thursday 8th

• Sky Nature​ ROI SD launch​es to ​(130) in ROI. The existing Sky Nature SD becomes UK only. Both services are smart swapped with Sky Nature HD​.

• Sky Arts ROI SD launch​es to ​(122)​ in ROI. The existing Sky Arts SD becomes UK only. Both services are smart swapped with Sky Arts HD.

• BET (173) closes. ViacomCBS is closing the linear channel BET in the UK. Content will still be available on demand via My5. See BET UK channel moves to My5 for more information.

Saturday 10th

• Sky Adventure (302) renames to Sky Oscars/ SkyOscarsHD. From hits from the 80’s, to modern greats of the last few years, we’ll be showcasing the best in blockbusters, sci-fi, comedy, crime and everything else in between. We’ll also show the Oscars ceremony on the 25 April.

Tuesday 13th

• ITV SD closes in Anglia East, Meridian South, Yorkshire West, Westcountry, Tyne Tees, West and Central East. See ITV SD closes on 13 April for more info.

• ITV Be+1 (231) closes
  • ITV Anglia East SD (103) closes - replaced by ITV Meridian East SD at 103
  •  ITV West SD (103) closes - replaced by ITV Central West SD at 103
  •  ITV Meridian South SD (103) closes - replaced by ITV Meridian East SD at 103
  •  ITV Westcountry SD (103) closes - replaced by ITV Central West SD at 103
  • ITV Yorkshire West SD (103) closes - replaced by ITV Granada SD at 103
  •  ITV Tyne Tees SD (103) closes - replaced by ITV Granada SD at 103
  • ITV Central East SD (103) closes - replaced by ITV Central West SD at 103
  • UTV+1 SD closes (203) - replaced by ITV+1 Granada SD

• Sky Sports Masters (405/859) renames to SkySp Golf/SkySp Golf HD. Watch live coverage of The Masters, The Open, US PGA Championship, PGA and European Tours, Ryder Cup, LPGA and LET tours. Upgrade today by pressing red or go to sky.com.

Thursday 22nd

• Sky News pop-up "Floyd Case HD" (524) (temporary channel) closed 22nd April.

Monday 26th

• Sky Sports Action (407/861) rebrands to SkySp NFL/SkySp NFL ​HD (temporary change).Sky Sports NFL is the destination for full coverage of the 2021 NFL Draft, supported by bespoke programming, archive and highlights. The Draft takes place from Thursday 29 April to Saturday 1 May.​

Friday 30th

Federica-C
Community Manager

We're interested in your ideas for improving Sky Go, Sky Q & Sky Broadband.

Browse the latest customer ideas or add your own. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Ev71 This message was authored by: Ev71

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - April 2021

This message was authored by A1965 This message was authored by: A1965

What's happening to Alibi? There are no programmes showing after Friday 9 April

This message was authored by Richie1985 This message was authored by: Richie1985

I was just wondering the same thing... it's the only channel I can't see information for, just says : This is Alibi HD..... frustrating!

Federica-C
Topic Author
This message was authored by Federica-C This message was authored by: Federica-C

Hi @Richie1985 and @A1965,

there was an issue with Alibi updating schedules for 10th and 11th April, but it looks like they’re coming through now. Thanks for flagging!

Federica-C
Community Manager

We're interested in your ideas for improving Sky Go, Sky Q & Sky Broadband.

Browse the latest customer ideas or add your own. 

This message was authored by WonderWabbit+Ste This message was authored by: WonderWabbit+Ste

This makes no sense.

I have a Sky+ HD Box.

My region for HD has not changed,

But my SD channel & Sky+1 is no longer providing me my region, but Midlands ITV Central⁉️😳🙄🙄‌ 

Sky HD is all very well, but I don't like the idea I am forced to use it. It uses up double %age of an SD recording.

You've been advertising those with SD boxes should read the changes. I just thought that was channel no.  changes. I never thought you would actually take our OWN regions away from us.

Retrograde step in customer services, only thinking of your costs!😔

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

You need to send the comments above to ITV as it was their decision to remove many SD regions to cut satellite transmission costs.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WonderWabbit+Ste wrote:

only thinking of your costs!😔

As stated above this is down to ITV themselves as you can read about here:

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/explainer-whats-changing-at-itv-from-13th-april

On 13th April 2021, the next ITV regional changes take place. If follows ITV's decision last year to make HD the default option on Sky, Freesat and Virgin Media.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@WonderWabbit+Ste as @xenon81 posted, this was a decision made by ITV, not Sky. You might want to take it up with them. You're not 'forced' to watch any channel, HD or SD, of course.

This message was authored by WonderWabbit+Ste This message was authored by: WonderWabbit+Ste

Re: Channel 103 missing from EPG menu on sky+ app but ok on sky+ box listing.

You can't change the region on a Sky+ box ~ you're region is provided by Sky according to where they think you live.

I live in the South, but my SD ITV Sky & Sky+1  803 & 203 are now coming from the Midlands, e.g. ITV Central ??? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@WonderWabbit+Ste 

I have moved your post to this other thread that you have been posting in because where you had posted this was discussing changing the region settings on the Sky Go app which is possible to do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@WonderWabbit+Ste wrote:

You can't change the region on a Sky+ box ~ you're region is provided by Sky according to where they think you live.

I live in the South, but my SD ITV Sky & Sky+1  803 & 203 are now coming from the Midlands, e.g. ITV Central ??? 

Sky use your postcode to determine where you live

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion