Discussion topic: Challenge TV

This message was authored by ToastedRoast+YT This message was authored by: ToastedRoast+YT

Challenge TV

SKY Seriously this channel desperately needs some tlc pumped back into it,

The legacy of the channel of what it once was has been lost.

It needs to be back on form with some NEW and vintage shows,

I mean right now as I type its currently showing David Dickensons Real Deal.

And then pretty much reruns of the chase.

Look at America they have a network GSN or game show network and its thriving with new shows.

If you don't have time or care for the channel then please sell it off to a company that's willing to put the time and effort into it.

Bring Back Rapture TV

All Replies

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Challenge TV

Have to agree to @ToastedRoast+YT and to add, why not in HD? No reason for it not to be

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@ToastedRoast+YT wrote:

SKY Seriously this channel desperately needs some tlc pumped back into it,

The legacy of the channel of what it once was has been lost.

It needs to be back on form with some NEW and vintage shows,

I mean right now as I type its currently showing David Dickensons Real Deal.

And then pretty much reruns of the chase.

Look at America they have a network GSN or game show network and its thriving with new shows.

If you don't have time or care for the channel then please sell it off to a company that's willing to put the time and effort into it.

It could be something to do with a contract with previous owners Virgin Media. Although ownership transferred to Sky in 2009, there may still be contractual rules Sky must follow. Unlikely, but possible. 

I also think it's down to copyright with BBC and ITV owning copyright to other gameshows. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Given that Challenge TV is free-to-air, realistically it's just not going to get anything like the same investment from Comcast/Sky Group as the Sky-branded subscription channels.

Whether it has any sale value is, perhaps, debatable.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion