Discussion topic: Proof of technical difficulty

This message was authored by ss1977 This message was authored by: ss1977

Proof of technical difficulty

My son works from home, and he's been having some issues with the phone line. Everything seems okay on both Sky's end and the company he works for. He just needs proof that there is nothing wrong on Sky's end, but it has to be via email. I have called Sky twice and they said they can't send emails or speak to a manager which is understandable, but he really needs this proof by email. He isn't allowed it by text, or the tests you can run to diagnose an issue. Is there any way we can just get an email from Sky saying that everything is okay on their end? It would be very much appreciated 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Proof of technical difficulty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky will not provide any proof the line is working OK as this just isn't something that they will need to do but you haven't explained what issues he is actually happening ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ss1977
Topic Author

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention, basically to log into his systems, the application calls the landline he uses, he has to accept the call and it'll log him in. It might not make sense, but that's pretty much how it works. You go to log in, it rings the landline, you accept the call and you're logged into the phone system. The issue he has is that the landline works perfectly fine every time, except when he's trying to log in. So we're able to make calls to the landline, so are Sky, and so are his company, but the software to log in doesn't. We've called Sky a few times since the issue started just a month ago, and everything looks okay on their end. Everything looks okay on the company's end too. The company is just asking for him to have an email by Sky saying that there's nothing wrong on their end, but like we said they're not able to. They've just sent a text message of proof, which again is understandable, we're just a bit stuck on what to do. But thank you for the reply anyway, it's much appreciated!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As the phone line is working as it should then I can't see what more Sky can do as it really should be this company looking into this if the login isn't working as that would be their responsibility to investigate and as such Sky are not going to provide any sort of proof that they would appear to require.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@ss1977 does your son have a Sky VOIP landline? Just wondering if thay has something to do with it.

ss1977
Topic Author

yes, the phone line does go into the router so it's VOIP, we don't have the copper lines anymore. i think we used to, but not anymore after we got a new router and everything installed

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Might be worth your son asking his employer whether their log in system is compatible with digital phone lines, as opposed to the old analogue system.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion