Discussion topic: Landline very noisy, callers often can't connect

This message was authored by 741kag This message was authored by: 741kag

Landline very noisy, callers often can't connect

We pay our landline rental via Sky. Recently it has become very noisy and are unable to hear callers

Frequently, callers cannot get through, often drops out immediately or comes up with engaged tone.

Broadband seems to be working ok.

Connections checked, landline cordless phone swapped out, cables & filter swapped out. All changes yielded no improvement - I suspect a fault on the line as nothing has changed within the household.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Landline very noisy, callers often can't connect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@741kag wrote:

I suspect a fault on the line as nothing has changed within the household.

It could well be so are you able to make a call because if so it will need reporting to Sky, the number to call them on is just 150 or would you prefer we ask their messaging team to contact you tomorrow morning via here ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
741kag
Topic Author

@caesarome wrote:

@741kag wrote:

I suspect a fault on the line as nothing has changed within the household.

It could well be so are you able to make a call because if so it will need reporting to Sky, the number to call them on is just 150 or would you prefer we ask their messaging team to contact you tomorrow morning via here ?

Hi. We can make calls but the line is not good.

If you could forward a request to call me onto their messaging team please, that would be appreciated thanks.

If they need to speak to me, i'll be at work but can take a call on mh mobile.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sky won't call you. The messaging team will establish a private online chat with you. Do you want to go ahead on that basis?

741kag
Topic Author

@741kag wrote:

We pay our landline rental via Sky. Recently it has become very noisy and are unable to hear callers

Frequently, callers cannot get through, often drops out immediately or comes up with engaged tone.

Broadband seems to be working ok.

Connections checked, landline cordless phone swapped out, cables & filter swapped out. All changes yielded no improvement - I suspect a fault on the line as nothing has changed within the household.

Yes please, that will be fine 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@741kag 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears by typing it it to start the chat:

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can or it will be closed if there is no response within 48 hours. To start the conversation just type in it.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @741kag.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion