Discussion topic: Landline fault

This message was authored by Draj This message was authored by: Draj

Landline fault

My landline phone with Sky is not working since 5 days. No dialling tone. Cannot receive any incoming calls. Reported to sky 3 days ago. Openreach engineer booked on Monday but fault still there and issue not resolved. Please advise.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Landline fault

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Draj 

Openreach have a target fix time of two working days from when they are notified. That would appear to be by the end of the day today.

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Draj
Topic Author
This message was authored by Draj This message was authored by: Draj

My phone landline still isn't working (no dial tone and cannot make or receive calls). Down since 5th January 2024. My internet is working fine though.

I've carried out all the checks the website suggest. 

Neither Sky nor Openreach  have resolved or fixed the problem with my landline . No updates, text or any kind of correspondence from either to state when it will resolve or not.  

A total no consideration of customer loyalty and diabolic service from Sky. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Draj 

You'll need to contact Sky again and ask what the latest update is from Openreach. If they have to dig up the road or pavement OR have to seek permission from the local council then arrange a team to carry out the work which could cause a delay.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Michael+Jam This message was authored by: Michael+Jam

my phone has had no dial tone for more than 6 weeks, unable to make or recive calls tried all the help sites. called sky help many times left waiting on phone for more than 30 min each time i call and i have called many many times. what a bad customer service. 

@Michael+Jam 

So in the last 6 weeks are you saying you haven't been able to get through on the phone at all? You need to stay on the line and not hang up and try to call at what is said to be a quieter time (first thing in the morning when they open or mid-evening). 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Michael+Jam wrote:

my phone has had no dial tone for more than 6 weeks, unable to make or recive calls tried all the help sites. called sky help many times left waiting on phone for more than 30 min each time i call and i have called many many times. what a bad customer service. 

Does this coincide with you switching to Sky, or a change in your broadband subscription?

You could try the simple connection test here, even if your broadband is ok (they share the same copper cable)

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

This message was authored by Michael+Jam This message was authored by: Michael+Jam

no everything is the same as ever.

i have tried calling on my mobile but no signal inside so have to stand outside. 30mins wait then phone cuts off i have called mornings afternoon and eve but always the same.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion