Discussion topic: On Demand failing

This message was authored by HelensFavourites This message was authored by: HelensFavourites

On Demand failing

On Demand has not been available on my Sky HD+ box for the last few days. I've read through similar posts on the forum, and I've tried rebooting the box, rebuilding the planner, setting up the router again but still the same problem.  In the Network section under settings, it says that the connection to the router is okay and the signal is good and On Demand is on.  

My ISP is Vodafone and no other problems with my router on other devices. Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: On Demand failing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try changing the wifi channel on your route, moving to Ethernet would be worth a try if that fails

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
HelensFavourites
Topic Author
This message was authored by HelensFavourites This message was authored by: HelensFavourites

Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's the option to change the channel with the firmware that my router has (it's the latest version too).  Connecting via ethernet cable is not practical given the location of my router and Sky box.

When I reboot the router, the Sky box shows that it's not connected, whereas the rest of the time it says the router is up and working - it's just not getting any data. 

I saw a previous thread where there was an issue with BT users. Could this be something similar where Sky is somehow blocking my ISP connection?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Strange every router I have seen has the ability to change the wifi channel

I'm a BT user and have zero issues though I made the effort to wire my Sky+HD boxes using Ethernet though the router is on a different floor than the Sky boxes

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion