Discussion topic: Failed recordings -technical fault -10 (100)

This message was authored by PeteJH56 This message was authored by: PeteJH56

Failed recordings -technical fault -10 (100)

trying to download via Catch Up on Sky Witness and although it starts to downlaod after a few seconds it becomes "Failed -technical fault -10 (100)". Although I can download to my laptop via Sky Go, this is far from ideal.

I've tried restarting the sky+ box, rebuilding the planner, all to no avail.

Other recordings and downloads all seem to complete without issue.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Failed recordings -technical fault -10 (100)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All Replies

This message was authored by Mishelly This message was authored by: Mishelly

Grimm sky max wont Dowland yet its been fine al werl downloading apart frim today 16th oct

I've been rewatching Grimm with my daughter foe past few wks then today 16th October it's won't download keeps saying failed I've tried everything from changing from uhd to s.d then rebooting my router even connected my sky through ethnic instead of WiFi turned everything off and nothing works everything else downloads but not sky max . Lil pead off know like bcz there nothing else to watch 

This message was authored by Grovey75 This message was authored by: Grovey75

Re: Grimm sky max wont Dowland yet its been fine al werl downloading apart frim today 16th oct

I'm having the exact same problem with grimm. I've been watching fine until last episode in series 5 it will not download gets stuck at 101% cant view it or anything, I tried the first episode of series 6 and its still the same

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Grimm sky max wont Dowland yet its been fine al werl downloading apart frim today 16th oct

There is an issue with downloading at present on Sky Q and Sky+ platforms which Sky have been made aware of.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Grovey75 This message was authored by: Grovey75

Really? Shouldn't they put something on the site so people know lol I thought I was going crazy or something, good to know thanks, guess I'll keep checking to see when fixed

This message was authored by DancerShaper This message was authored by: DancerShaper

I am having exactly the same problem with box set downloads but catchup tv content seems ok

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

This message was authored by DancerShaper This message was authored by: DancerShaper

Thankyou Annie

PeteJH56
Topic Author
This message was authored by PeteJH56 This message was authored by: PeteJH56

Hi Annie - sorry, but this doesn't help. there nothing wrong with my broadband service or equipment - otherwise the issue would be more widespread.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@PeteJH56 wrote:

Hi Annie - sorry, but this doesn't help. there nothing wrong with my broadband service or equipment - otherwise the issue would be more widespread.

???????????????????????????? Did you not follow my link?

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@PeteJH56 wrote:

I take it you haven't seen the posts about the ongoing issues at present which is nothing to do with your broadband or equipment:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/tv

We are aware that users may receive a technical error message when downloading some content on their Sky Q/HD boxes. We are investigating this issue and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by LizzieN This message was authored by: LizzieN

Having the same issue... ☹️  Frustrating as on day off and had planned to spend the day catching up on my shows... Oh well housework instead 😭Thanks for the info

This message was authored by Vviicckkyy This message was authored by: Vviicckkyy

I have had the same problem, thought I was going mad have reset the a box and the broadband and everything in between - is this likely to be fixed soon?

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Mishelly 

I merged your post into this thread as the issue is linked to what @Annie+UK advised. This is an issue we are of and it's being investigated.

Thank you. 

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by GILLYBABY This message was authored by: GILLYBABY

@Kirsty+S27 is this going to be another issue that rumbles on forever like the stacking issue  

The service status message for failed downloads  is woefully inadequate and mentions broadband..as if its specific to me..nothing wrong with my bband?   

Seems nobody actually gives a damn about the user experience at Sky.  Just take the cash and run. 

Nothing personal to u of course.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion