Discussion topic: Download Issues

This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Download Issues

My Sky Plus HD Box is over four years old and I think it may be beginning to give up on me.

I can still watch the tv and record etc

However  when I try and download a programme 

a message comes up as follows.

‘Download queue is currently paused. Restart the download in your Sky Plus Planner’

I then go into  Planner and go into Downloads highlight the affected download programme which has got paused on it press the Blue  Resume All button and it says 

‘The download queue cannot be resumed . Please ensure your Sky Plus HD Box is connected to the internet’

I have checked and it is.

Whilst typing this  message I have now been told by Sky this is a known issue over the last few days 

They have from their end sent down a manual call back on my box and also done something with my viewing signal but this can take up to four hours

Has anyone else had this problem over the last few days?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Download Issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can only download one at a time, but you can also record up to two more programmes whilst downloading

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It seems unlikely that this is an known issue otherwise there would be more people reporting it on here and so far as far as I can see you are the only one reporting this issue.

Something else to try is to reset the network connection, this can be done via Services > Settings > Network > Press Select and then the red button.

If your download hasn't restarted then try again to unpause it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Caesarome

As always thank you for taking the trouble to read my post and reply..

I have  since my original posting tried your solution and it has worked and all is now back to normal.

However this has happened three times this week. I reset the net work settings each time and it works again for a day and then goes wrong again.

However, do you think this is an indication there is something wrong with my Sky Plus HD box though everything else appears to be working including recordings and there is no problem with the picture and sound. Also there appears to be nothing wrong with my internet comnnecton.

However what is much more annoying, is that I am a Sky Djamond customer and I have been a Sky customer right from the very beginning without any break at all. When I phoned Sky this evening the lady assured me it was a known fault and they had a number of calls reporting the same issue in the last three days.

At least as you say on this forum that would appear not to be the case,  If so why tell me something that is simply not true. I thought  Sky Diamond customers are meant to get the best level of care.

She said while I was on the phone she had downloaded a reset and something else but it could take a few hours to work, and do you think that was rubbish as well?

I am not a happy Sky Diamond customer tonight.

middlesex1993
Topic Author

Also out of interest

In Sky Plus Hd can you only download one programme at a time or can you download two programnes simultaneously 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

You can only download one at a time, but you can also record up to two more programmes whilst downloading

middlesex1993
Topic Author

Annie+uk

Thanks for that.

I just wonder why every few days I have to do a network re setting in order to download programmes 

All rather annoying and even more annoying to be told  this evening this is a known issue and yet I appear to be the only person with this issue 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Some people have had luck by assigning a static IP Address to their Sky Box

middlesex1993
Topic Author

Annie + uk

i am sadly not technically minded so not sure what you mean.

When I go to network settings my network settings are ok and DHCP is on and my IP address for my sky box remains the same numbers.

Can anyone think of a reason why every three or four days I have to reset my network settings which takes about two seconds to complete and then I can download programnes for a few days and then it fails again as outlined above and then I have to reset network settings again

This message was authored by gymno74 This message was authored by: gymno74

It may well be a known issue as i've seen it reported on the forum many times.
middlesex1993
Topic Author

This issue continues for me and is getting worse Please see start of this thread.

Sky once again confirmed to me on the phone when I called them  just yesterday this is a known software issues for certain Sky Plus HD Boxes. which they are trying to rectify.

I am puzzled as it is not widely reported on this site.

Every day I have to do one of the  following two solutions  in order for me to download a programme on Catch Up TV

The two solutions.

The easiest and  quickest one is to go to network settings and press the red reset button

The other solution is  to do a planner rebuild

Once I have done this I can download programnes from Catch Up Tv for the rest of the day and evening. The next day the problem starts all over again 

Are Sky correct in what they say. They assure me this is not an indication my Sky Plus HD Box is about to pack in

I must say everything else appears to be working normally including recordings etc and good pictures and sound etc.

Any ideas anyone?

Static IP Address as i suggested earlier, use google for instructions as all routers have different settings so it is hard to give specifics

This message was authored by gymno74 This message was authored by: gymno74

The issue has been relatively widely reported.

middlesex1993
Topic Author

Annie +Uk

i have mentioned this to Sky and they have told me not to do that and just do one of the two above solutions  for the time being,

I am just concerned that if this is a known software issue why is it not being reported on this site or are Sky just trying to fob me off as  it were 

middlesex1993
Topic Author

gymno 74

Where it being reported? I can not see this issue being reported on this site other than by me

Surely if as Sky tell me it is a current known software issue it would be reported extensively on this site which appears not to be the case unless I am mistaken.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Knowing my current luck my Sky Plus HD box will pack in all together on December 25th

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Annie +Uk

i have mentioned this to Sky and they have told me not to do that and just do one of the two above solutions  for the time being,

I am just concerned that if this is a known software issue why is it not being reported on this site or are Sky just trying to fob me off as  it were 

I’m not sure what the issue is as i have been doing this for years with zero issues also this has fixed some peoples boxes that have similar issues to you

There are no fixes for this in the pipeline that I know about

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion