Discussion topic: Constant blue screen after error message this device does not supprt HDCP

This message was authored by simplysweetcheeks This message was authored by: simplysweetcheeks

Constant blue screen after error message this device does not supprt HDCP

Last night my picture kept cutting out (sky+) with the error message 'device does not support HDCP' there was bad weather so I thought it would resolve itself but it hasn't. So today its just a constant blue screen. Unable to access/view any settings using my TV remote. I've tried all the usual switching TV & sky box off/trying different HDMI port etc & checked all cables but nothing is resolving this issue.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Constant blue screen after error message this device does not supprt HDCP

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try the following:

1, switch both your tv and Sky box off at the plug.

2. Disconnect the HDMI cable completely, swap the ends over and reconnect. 

3. Wait 4 minutes before switching both tv and Sky box on at the plug and see if it resolves it.

simplysweetcheeks
Topic Author
This message was authored by simplysweetcheeks This message was authored by: simplysweetcheeks

I tried switching the HDMI cable round and it came on for a split second with blue screen but the sky intro banner along the bottom of the screen (as if it was going to work ok) but then it disappeared, screen then just stayed plain blue again.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I assume you did that with both tv and Sky box off at the plug. You could try a replacement HDMI cable and also checking that your tv firmware is up to date.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion