Discussion topic: US Open recording

This message was authored by KateG82 This message was authored by: KateG82

US Open recording

Thinking of subscribing to Sky Stream due to the lack of catch up matches on Now. How does match recording work? Is it possible to record the bonus court streams? Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: US Open recording

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KateG82 

Stream does not, in effect' record, and there currently appears to be no way to capture the additional streams.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
KateG82
Topic Author

Ah ok, thanks. From what I've read elsewhere, I thought Sky Stream could record Sky branded channels, is that not the case then? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KateG82 

Stream has no local recording capacity (no hard drive).  It can 'Playlist' content, which is effectively a bookmark to an on-demand source: if there's no available data source then there's no content to retrieve.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@KateG82 wrote:

Ah ok, thanks. From what I've read elsewhere, I thought Sky Stream could record Sky branded channels, is that not the case then? 

Stream doesn't record anything. 

KateG82
Topic Author

Ok thanks. So what is the catch up service for the US Open like on Sky Stream? How many matches are available? When I checked Now TV last night only Djokovic's match was available to watch back? 

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@KateG82 wrote:

Ok thanks. So what is the catch up service for the US Open like on Sky Stream? How many matches are available? When I checked Now TV last night only Djokovic's match was available to watch back? 

You may want to have a read of this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Sky-s-Disastrous-US-Open-Tennis-Coverage/td-p/4397498 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion