Discussion topic: Sky remote won’t turn off the tv

This message was authored by bernardrose This message was authored by: bernardrose

Sky remote won’t turn off the tv

I have two pucks and two televisions, Samsung and Sony. Both remotes will change the volume but when I turn the tv off with the remote, it turns the stream off but not the television.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: Sky remote won’t turn off the tv

@bernardrose wrote:

I have two pucks and two televisions, Samsung and Sony. Both remotes will change the volume but when I turn the tv off with the remote, it turns the stream off but not the television.

Tried a long press of the standby button on the remote? 

bernardrose
Topic Author
This message was authored by bernardrose This message was authored by: bernardrose

Yes I have tried a long press, but it brings the sky stream back on.

This message was authored by Hunter2660 This message was authored by: Hunter2660

You need the long press while both puck and tv are on. Both should then turn off together.

bernardrose
Topic Author

The long press worked on the Sony tv, but on the Samsung the puck goes off but not the tv.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion