Discussion topic: Sky Stream start up issues

This message was authored by AlexLee This message was authored by: AlexLee

Sky Stream start up issues

I recently got Sky Stream and my experience so far has been positive except 1 issue I encounter when turning it on, the Sky logo shows up on my TV and the white light flashes but then it shuts off.

I have seen others post about the same issue but I haven't actually seen any solution, another user posted in detail about the same thing and others responded by saying the Sky Stream Puck is better off staying in standby instead of turning it off completely, is this true?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

Re: Sky Stream start up issues

Like most devices of this nature, they're designed to left in standby mode when not in use so they update while sleeping in low power mode. If you turn it off when it's not in use, you could interrupt an upgrade which can lead to corruption on files and effectively brick/kill the device.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

Like most devices of this nature, they're designed to left in standby mode when not in use so they update while sleeping in low power mode. If you turn it off when it's not in use, you could interrupt an upgrade which can lead to corruption on files and effectively brick/kill the device.

AlexLee
Topic Author

Thank you, I will leave it on from now on.

Quick question, how do I put it into standby mode? I've looked online but can't find an answer, I can't figure it out in settings either

AlexLee
Topic Author

Hi sorry ignore my previous reply, I now know it's the on / off button, never had to use standby before, thanks again!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion