Discussion topic: Sky Stream Puck keeps going back to homescreen

This message was authored by MySkyNightmare This message was authored by: MySkyNightmare

Sky Stream Puck keeps going back to homescreen

Hi

I switched to Sky Stream and I've had lots of problems with it.

Now it's started going back to the homescreen while watching any show on any app or on TV guide.

It's VERY frustrating. Are they aware of this issue?

I've tried resetting everything...TWICE!

Nothing is helping. Unless I click the remote volume every 5 minutes to stop it.  It's basically thinking I'm not watching and going to homepage, for an unknown, very frustrating reason.

Please help.

I'm using an Samsung OLED S90C and LG QNED. So it's not my TV. Broadband speeds fast. Nothing to interfer with router. I've turned off all pet cams, anything with WiFi except my TV & soundbar and the Pucks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky Stream Puck keeps going back to homescreen

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you s till need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MySkyNightmare - can you please ellaborate on what you have tried when you said you have "reset everything twice".

Just asking because there are some things that you shouldn't do without being advised from Sky Customer Services that can actually makes things worse ( which seems a bit strange when they are open options via the settings on the Stream puck).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Les7 This message was authored by: Les7

I've has the same issue. I've only recently got my Sky Puck. 

If I am watching TV it will randomly take a second to refresh, and sometimes when it refreshes it will randomly go back to the homescreen.

When watchin Sky cinema it will stop every 15mins and say there as an issue, would have to exit and return to the show. 

Also the Apple TV app refuses to work. 

Then in the ITVx app, when we are forced to watch the ads none of the ads played with sound. Not sure if that us a Sky issue or ITV app issue.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Les7  Have you tried a reboot of the device. You can do this by putting it into standby, then turning it off by the plug and wait for at least 30 seconds before turning the plug back on.

this may not solve all the issues but it may solve some of them.

if some of the apps are still playing up after the reboot you could try an app refresh

Settings > System Management > Resets & Updates > refresh apps. This process is not instant and is carried out in the background so don't expect an instant solution.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Eirelass This message was authored by: Eirelass

Why does my sky streaming randomly return to the Home Screen during a show? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion