Discussion topic: Rebooting the Sky Stream

This message was authored by Mjstrong This message was authored by: Mjstrong

Rebooting the Sky Stream

This is more for the suggestion box than anything else. 

Given that the Sky Stream box requires rebooting so often,  Is it just me that thinks it would be really helpful if we were able to do this from the remote?   Pretty much every other Stick or box allows this from the settings menu. 

Ironic that the one device that NEEDS regular reboots, I have to literally pull the plug out. 

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Rebooting the Sky Stream

@Mjstrong wrote:

This is more for the suggestion box than anything else. 

Given that the Sky Stream box requires rebooting so often,  Is it just me that thinks it would be really helpful if we were able to do this from the remote?   Pretty much every other Stick or box allows this from the settings menu. 

Ironic that the one device that NEEDS regular reboots, I have to literally pull the plug out. 

That's not really a solution for when the box freezes completely, like mine did last night. I had the rainbow line glitch where it froze on boot up and wouldn't do a thing. Only a power off at the wall to force a reboot fixed it, the remote had no effect whatsoever. 

This message was authored by bayardm This message was authored by: bayardm

Smart plugs have been previously suggested for similar problems with Glass.

Sky Glass 43” stand mount, Wi-fi, 1 puck, ethernet from Bt disc.
Sky Ultimate and whole home, Diamond VIP User
BT Hybrid FTTC, BT Smart Hub 2 + 1 disc
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bayardm wrote:

Smart plugs have been previously suggested for similar problems with Glass.

Smart plugs certainly work well I put one in when I first got mine as the mains socket is not very easy to get at.

This message was authored by Amgen This message was authored by: Amgen

Couldn't agree more.  I have had the most problems with the YouTube app, which is only resolved by rebooting the puck. My puck is in a cupboard so a way to software reboot the puck, like almost all other vendors provide, is not too much to ask for. Really don't see a why sky wouldn't have it as an option, under somewhere like the system setting menu. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Got a smart plug on my sky glass (a Tapo one)

admittedly I don't use it as much as I use to as the stability of the system has improved greatly but I always give it a full reboot after an update 

the Tapo ones link to Alexa so it's even better .... some users set a timer so that the glass reboots every night 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion