Discussion topic: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

@Neil+Essex Unfortunately yes as they instructed me to do so. I just don't understand as they both Sky products, why it can't be swapped on the day the engineer comes. It seems ridiculous really 

This message was authored by ljmm1967 This message was authored by: ljmm1967

Why do you guys have to list everything bar the kitchen sink you use. Nobody needs to know your whole setup. It just just showboating. This forum is for getting us help to sort out technical issues with stream and glass not flaunting our gear. 

This message was authored by Dave6018 This message was authored by: Dave6018

Well so much for my theory this Sunday  my tv has been terrible , constantly failing ,  yet on my smart tv not a single issue with streaming services , this sky stream is p#ssong me off , only 9 month to go 

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

This must be a very complex issue, given the time it has taken to fix it 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Rolex Date Just 41 Baton Blue Dial with white gold fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet
This message was authored by Tartan67 This message was authored by: Tartan67

I've just Google searched for this very issue, glad and disappointed at the same time that it's not just me with the issue 😂

on a slightly different note I also have TNT Sports and their quality of UHD picture is much better than SKYs even on Discovery Plus. Yes TNT lip sync is horrendous but easy to fix but there's nothing that can be done about pixelation or UHD quality. Some of SKYs UHD Premier League coverage looks HD quality, very disappointing 

I also wanted to mention that some people were stating they have gigabyte fibre but it makes zero difference because the pucks have a max speed of 100mbps and if you get 90mbps on the Netflix speed test you'll be doing well 👍

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Tartan67 @The pucks don't have a maximum speed cap of 100mb coming in. That's only via Ethernet 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Rolex Date Just 41 Baton Blue Dial with white gold fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tartan67 My stream puck is currently getting 424 mbps on Wi-Fi.  The cap of 100Mbps is only relevant when connected by Ethernet.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Apologies, I meant to say through ethernet 🤷‍♂️my bad

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tartan67   We all make mistakes, that now makes more sense.  If you are getting 90mbps through Ethernet then that is pretty good and as much as you could realistically expect..

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion