Discussion topic: Mysky_1998 error code for upgrade to movies

This message was authored by Markaaasaa This message was authored by: Markaaasaa

Mysky_1998 error code for upgrade to movies

I'm trying to upgrade my sky stream to get sky movies but keep getting the error code MYSKY_1998

software all up to date.

can someone advise?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Mysky_1998 error code for upgrade to movies

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Markaaasaa have you tried restarting the sky stream puck. You can do this by unplugging it, wait 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

as the puck is just a mini computer it's prone to little software glitches like this and a restart usually clears them. If that doesn't help then the issue may be less with your stream puck and more a sky service issue.

you could always try adding sky movies via the MySky mobile app or by logging into my Sky via a web browser as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Bagpuss1978 This message was authored by: Bagpuss1978

Re: Mysky_1998 error code for upgrade to movies

Had a similar issue with entering PIN (to view certain programmes) where it wasn't recognised- MYSKY_7998/ 7999 error messages on new sky stream. 
As suggested by other member pulled the power cable out for 30 or so seconds, back in, rebooted puck and all sorted. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion