Discussion topic: HDMI control swapping input

This message was authored by NCr This message was authored by: NCr

HDMI control swapping input

When I turn on the TV/sky stream sky stream home button takes me to wrong hdmi input. If I turn off the hdmi control settings on sky stream the home button on the remote seems to function ok. Why is the hdmi control not working correctly? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: HDMI control swapping input

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NCr Try rebooting your puck in case it has a software glitch.  Simply switch off your puck at the plug socket and wait for a minute before switching it on again.  It will then take about a minute to reboot.

Also, if you have not already done so check you HDMI settings on your TV as well as the Stream puck

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
NCr
Topic Author

Doesn't seem to fix the issue. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NCr 

Do you have any other devices plugged into the tv that are hijacking the hdmi handshake such as a firestick games console or audio system ?

if so you may need to ensure the other systems are off before you turn on the tv or experiment with changing the HDMI sources around 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jon34 This message was authored by: Jon34

You don't have more than one stream box do you?

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@NCr are you using an LG tv ?

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick Roku 4K Google Chromecast

I literally just had this problem.

My lg tv shows which input is being controlled, I could see that my fire cube and sky box was being mistaken as on hdmi 3.

Turned the TV off and unplugged the stream box, when it booted up all was fine, didn't have to mess with any settings

NCr
Topic Author

TV is a Samsung TV and only a single stream puck. Yes same problem where the sky puck swaps to hdmi 3 on start up or pressing the home button. 

I've tried unplugging and restarting the box. It solved the issue until I turned the TV off and then started making the same problem again. 

I thought it was because of my Google Chromecast which was in hdmi 3 so swapped that to a different hdmi port but the sky box still seamed to want to swap the hdmi 3 input even with nothing plugged in there.

I get this with all of my tvs.

I usually end up unplugging one of the devices I'm not using, say the firetv 

It's like of the firetv and sky stream box are both sending the control signal and the tv doesn't know what to do

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion