Discussion topic: Don’t Leave Sky Q for Stream

This message was authored by slowalloon This message was authored by: slowalloon

Don’t Leave Sky Q for Stream

Well we tried Stream over Q and there are way too many glitches with Stream  to recommend it. We have 1Gb broadband so have no 'slow' issues but so many thing's just didn't work properly.  Too many adverts in the apps and consequently rubbish pause and rewind, slow to get going especially if you want to get sports straight on, Atmos sound dropping out at adverts, had to reboot constantly to get UHD shows back in the playlist. Know it's the 'future' but if I've got my 75 year old Dad texting me about a goal that happened a minute ago that I have t seen yet then somethings not right. Only good thing is the picture quality so if you're not bothered about sports etc maybe the way to go but lacks the snappiness of Q. 

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Don’t Leave Sky Q for Stream

@slowalloon 

Im not bothered about sports but still wouldn't recommend switching from Q to Stream. I agree with all your points. Q remains a speedier, much more stable service. 

This message was authored by Rich23 This message was authored by: Rich23

Re: Don’t Leave Sky Q for Stream

I agree - what a joke. Trying to get through to Sky to end my contract but, of course, they're "busy" and it's a 40 minute wait. Probably all the customers calling to complain [content removed]. The first thing they did when my broadband went down was to send me a link to get help online....can anyone else see the irony? If not, you should work for Sky. The last time this happened I tried to explain to them that if my car broke down my garage wouldn't try to put me in touch with other customers to help me fix it, but I think the sarcasm was lost on them - it may be the lowest form of wit but Sky offer the lowest form of customer "service". And of course, as I'm typing this my internet, which came back for about 2 minutes, has gone down again. Anyway, I'm off to look for my old VHS player, top notch technology right there (if you're a Sky customer).

Moderator note: language removed

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion