Discussion topic: Development of Sky Stream / Puck

This message was authored by Ian+McK This message was authored by: Ian+McK

Development of Sky Stream / Puck

I think the Sky puck/stream needs further development in a number of areas. Is there a development / request list. 

The product to me appears flakey and the current lip syncing issue all I. makes me wish I had not signed up. 

All Replies

Ian+McK
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ian+McK This message was authored by: Ian+McK

Re: Development of Sky Stream / Puck

How do you edit a post on here to correct typos etc? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian+McK there is no formal feature request list and Sky never reveal their future plans so dont expect feedback for suggestions. We know that they release updates on a roughly monthly basis and make frequent changes to the back end systems so the Entertainment OS is still very much being actively developed.

If you have ideas do post them in the forum dont worry too much about typos but I think the ability to edit posts is added as your tier level rises if you spot a mistake after posting click on the button with three vertical dots if you have the ability to edit its on the list that appears.

The Community Management team report weekly on posts to the relevant teams and indeed the product managers read posts directly themselves where there is an issue they want to understand. Many things that customers have asked for have been added such as the ability to cloud record titles not on an app. That took a while not because it was technically complex but it required a lot of legal work to sort out rights.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian+McK 

One potential obstacle is the fixed hardware platform which isn't exactly powerful: there's a limit to what can be achieved in software and server-side development.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion