Discussion topic: Despatch has sent me someone else's puck

This message was authored by Ryanbee This message was authored by: Ryanbee

Despatch has sent me someone else's puck

So good evening,

I'm a new customer and completely fed up and disgusted with sky stream.

I sign up to sky stream everything is great I get a puck and I'm ready to set up, plug it in, connect to the tv, connect to wifi, all is great... but than I'm greated with a different name, you get the option to click this is me or this isn't me...

Click this isn't me.

Go to website ener a code to link my account... 

NOTHING absolutely NOTHING happens... 

So I call sky they guy says "try this link" nothing again 

During the call we realized the serial numbers on my account and on the puck are completely different, sky distribution have sent me someone else puck with my name and address stuck onto the box,  I can't get on any Chanel or set it up because the serial numbers don't match.. 

So the person on the phone contacts the tech team to to get these serial numbers switched. they will have to call me back tomorrow, ok fine it should be a simple switch over. 

Next day.. 

"Hi Mr Beedley, its M***** from Sky here. As per our telephone conversation our back office is still processing the change in serial number. I will review tomorrow, sorry for the inconvenience, speak soon kind regards Sky."

The day after (I miss the call due to work)....

"Hi Mr Beeley, its M**** from Sky here. I have tried calling you and cannot get through. As per our telephone conversation, we cannot change the serial number. Therefore, please call 0********** and we will then cancel and re order puck. Sorry for all the inconvenience, Kind regards. 

So I call back obviously, I get put through to one guy he goese through the whole "turn it off, click this isn't me, enter code blah blah blah,

I tell him "I  need a new puck to be sent out because I have the wrong one, " he turns round and said i will have to charge you £40 for a new one"

None of this is my fault why should I pay some more money to buy something what I should already have.

After going back and forth I say cancel my account, cancel everything I have had enouth it's been a week of trying to get this fixed and still nothing, 

The guy: "we  can't cancel your account because you don't have a active subscription because you haven't activated your account by logging into the puck" 

Well yes obviously.... But after 14 days of not activating your account you start to get charged... 🤦

I'm getting fed up I'm ready to blow my cool so I put the phone down and just try to order sky stream in my partners name...

Well I can't do that because the website tells me I need to log in as the account holder off the address 😡

Annoyed, **bleep** off.... 

Call back, put through to someone who then puts me through to someone else, explain everything again tells me to do this do that, I say just send me a new puck I'll just have to pay for it I'll call back to my me money back so I get put on hold for 15 mins....

She than comes back and says I have sent something to the tec team to swap the serial number 

🤦 THATS ALREADY BEEN DONE AND THEY CANT DO IT

I NEED A NEW PUCK...

Well I can't do anything until the tec team gets back in touch I'm not back in the office until Thursday and I'll give you a ring...

I just put the phone down in anger 😡

So if you get sent a sky puck with someone else's name on it, GOOD LUCK, because you won't be able to watch anything and you won't be able to get it fixed... 

All Replies

This message was authored by IanN This message was authored by: IanN

Re: Despatch has sent me someone else's puck

Well, I came in here hoping that someone from Sky would pop up and say, "No worries, we can fix it like this".

I've got the same problem and, after speaking with a Sky Helpdesk representative over the last few days, I'm getting nowhere either.

I've received an email saying that Sky will cancel my subscription with them on the same day I received a call saying they would be around to set up the broadband.

What on earth is going on.

If someone can tell me how to speak to someone to resolve this issue I would be really grateful. 

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

Re: Despatch has sent me someone else's puck

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but it's reading stories such as this which make me glad I've cancelled Sky. Ineptitude on this scale just isn't acceptable in any way shape or form. 
Good luck with getting it sorted out. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion